𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑹𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

°•* CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIAAPRIL 27TH, 20197:00 A

APRIL 27TH, 2019
7:00 A.M.

"HEADS OR TAILS?" Cassie asks Buck, holding the quarter in her hand as the two bet on who would drive the engine today. "Heads." Buck responded grinning as he was confident that he would win, as he had won the last time the two placed a bet.

Flipping the coin, the waiting in anticipation for the coin to land on the ground before seeing which face the piece of metal landed on. To Cassie's displeasure it once again landed on heads. "Are you kidding me? Nope two of three?" She asks pouting, while Buck dances around like the man-child he is.

Hen, Eddie and Chim walked in and greeted the two roommates before they all decided to group in the kitchen where they knew they'd find Bobby preparing one of his five-star meals, however when they got there, they were surprised to see the man in his everyday clothes, rather than his uniform.

"Hey, Cap. Why are you sitting up here in your civvies?" Chimney asks the man, who seemed to be anxious with a small frown on his face. It was a stark contrast to his everyday beaming smile that he normally wears. " And how come I am not smelling my breakfast?" Chimney jokes.

"Maybe you should all sit down." Bobby gestures to the table wringing his hands nervously, trying to find the words to tell his team, his family, that he would no longer be their captain for the time being, maybe even forever.

Hen noticed the saddened look on Bobby's face. "Oh. This doesn't feel good."

"What's wrong Cap?" Cassie asks sitting in the seat next to her captain. "All right. I know the shift's about to start, but I wanted to be here to tell you this in person." The man took a deep breath, looking at his family in the eye as he revealed the bad news to them. "As of this morning, pending further investigation, I am officially suspended from my duties here at the 118."

The news immediately earned disapproval and shouts of disbelief and discontent. "What? Why? That-That's insane. Suspended for what?" Buck asks the man confused and hurt.

"For not disclosing what happened in Minnesota before I took the job." Bobby answered truthfully, however he was almost ashamed to look them in the eye. "Minnesota?" Cassie wondered, out of the loop about Bobby's past life before the 118.

"That's old news." Hen argued feeling upset that the higher ups were doing this to the man.

"Well, not to them, and if they knew all the details, there's a very good chance they never would've hired me." Bobby explained.

"Cap, you don't owe them that part of you." Hen dismissed the older mans words.

"You owe them your record."