𝑺𝑰𝑿𝑻𝑬𝑬𝑵

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ SINK OR SWIM

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA
SEPTEMBER 31ST, 2019
10:31 A.M. 

"SAY COTTON CANDY!" Cassie smiled with her two boys as they posed for a selfie with their cotton candy. "Cotton candy!" The two said in unison. Clicking the white circle to take the photo, she quickly sent it to Eddie to show him things were going perfectly.

"I wanna win a bear!" Christopher announces as he looks at the game you shoot a water gun at a target. "Can you win it for me Buck?" He turned to the older man, with pleading eyes that no one could say no to. "Aww you gotta win it for him now. Look at that face." Cassie lightly pinched his cheeks, causing Chris to blush.

However she paused, pretending to think. "But what's the magic word?"

"Please?" He guessed cutely. "Alright!" She high-fives the boy before he makes his way over towards the game excitedly with the two adults.

Giving the man a dollar to pay for the game, Buck helped Chris began shooting a water gun at a target. "C'mon you got this Lil C." Cassie cheered from besides the two. The bear on the totem kept rising as the two shot water at the red and white target.

"Come on, we're so close!" Buck beams excitedly. The bell rings signifying that the two had won a prize. "You did it! Come on, high five!" Cassie smiles holding the giant teddy bear's paw out for Christopher to high-five.

Buck smiled watching the two as Christopher was talking Cassie's ear off, as he decided what ride they would be getting in line for next. An ambulance siren seemed to burst his happy bubble that he had been in all day. Hanging m my out with Cassie and Chris had taken his mind off the whole leaving the 118 situation for a moment, but seeing the 136 rescuing a carnival worker seemed to bring him right back to where he was this morning.

Angry and discouraged.

He did everything right, physical therapy, doctors appointments. And he still couldn't return to doing what he loved. He was brought out of his thoughts when Cassie placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. "Hey you okay?" She peered over his shoulder glancing at the rescue team behind them and she nodded, understanding why his mood changed so drastically. "C'mon turn that frown upside down Buck, we've got a whole day of fun left."

"How about I go grab us some funnel cake, and then we head to the movies? Sound good?" Cassie asked, earning an excited nod of approval from Chris. And a reluctant nod from Buck who kept glancing over at the 136 getting the resuscitated carnival worker on a back board and ready to transport. "Alright I'll be right back you two."