Chapter 28: Date

No, no, no, I simply cannot halt to rest
Adrenaline, a steady rhythm singing in my chest
Screw it all, screw it all,
Why must I care about the musings of a pest?
Hand over the blade, put me out of pain
A murderous stain.

All I want is a master
Give me tasks to spend my endless frenzy on
Give me love to appease the storm
Snatch away and deem it yours,
that panicked heart, throbbing-
.
.
.
.
.
"Thank you for the meal," Nagito layed down his chopsticks.
"Hey...how long are you going to avoid me for?"

"I'm not...I'm not avoiding..."
Y/N's back was turned to him. She was washing the dishes by herself. Nagito sighed and wiped his lips on his napkin.
He stepped behind her and placed both hands on her waist again.
Placing a hand under her chin, he turned it to the left to press down and kiss her.
She didn't resist.

"As you might have noticed, I'm quite done getting pushed away from you over and over again. I'll call it the quits anytime you ask me to stop. Seems like you don't have the courage to make the first move by yourself, so..."

He interlinked both his fingers around her waist, trapping her in.
"Don't worry about the dishes, I'll do them! Go get washed up and ready for bed!"

"But I-"

* kiss! *

"Don't argue now, I know you're tired from entertaining all those people in the morning. Go!"

She timidly washed her hands off foam and soap and exited the kitchen.
Nagito hummed happily while scrubbing off the plates, washed them once and left them out to dry.

"I was thinking..."
Y/N had spoken for the first time in the day. She was brushing out her hair, looking at him through the mirror.
"What...do you want for Christmas?"

"You!"

"...?!"

"Haha! Sorry, that was cringey, wasn't it!" He went red in the face himself.
"I realised too late, after the words left my mouth- but you don't have to get me anything. This is the best Christmas I'll ever have anyway.
"Is there anything you want?"

"I could say the same as you. Don't get me anything."

"Then shall we agree to not get each other anything, since we're so content with everything?"

"That's...fine by me."

"Okay. And by the way, I've got some stuff planned out for tomorrow. I guess I should've asked you first though. Will you go out with me?"

"T-Tomorrow?"
Y/N stood up from before the mirror and stood next to him.
"Yeah. Tomorrow my group is taking a break from travelling and resting at the inn. So we should totally go on a date together. If you're willing, that is."

"Well... I'll have to see if I can get off work-"

"You don't have to," Nagito replied. "I've already taken permission from Auntie and was more than willing to let you go for a day."

"So she knows-?!"

Nagito engulfed her in his arms and felt her bosom next to his torso. He ran his hand all around the back of her body and rocked back and forth gently.
"Yeah...I reckoned it wouldn't hurt for someone like her to know. She's very supportive and kind to me."

"Yes, I'm aware. She's very generous to her workers..."

"Well love, we've got a long day tomorrow. I've got lots of things we should do together. Shall we sleep?"

"Why do you keep- this is the tenth time today you said l-"

"Haha, what else am I supposed to do? I need to make you understand that I really do love you. Your body has already confessed its feelings to me...but your mouth won't just yet-"