26

A couple weeks went by into the new year. Jackson was meeting Kristina at Kelley's diner before going to the hospital for her prenatal appointment.

As he walked into the diner, he ran into Elizabeth who was on her way out. They stopped in each others tracks as their eyes met. They hadn't seen each other since they kissed on New Years Eve.

"Jackson, hi." Elizabeth greeted him, not exactly knowing what to say.

"Elizabeth," Jackson greeted with a slight smile, he glanced around the diner to see that Kristina wasn't there yet. "Do you have a second?" He asked her and she responded with a nod. "I'm sorry about New Years Eve." Jackson apologized, breaking the tension.

"Jackson, you don't have to apologize." Elizabeth told him, shaking her head as she thought back to their kiss.

"No, I do. We're friends and I took advantage of you. We were drinking and you just found out that news about your husband." Jackson insisted, feeling guilty for acting on her vulnerability.

"You didn't take advantage of me. I kissed you back, Jackson." Elizabeth assured him, reminding him he didn't act alone.

"I knew there was something going on between you two." Kristina spoke as she overheard Elizabeth's sentence as she walked into the diner.

"Kristina." Jackson turned to see his ex girlfriend, not expecting her to be there in that moment.

"Is it true?" Kristina asked, "Is there something going on between you two?"

"Jackson and I kissed on New Years Eve. That's all it was." Elizabeth informed her before checking the time, "I have to get to work." She told them before glancing a 'good luck' look to Jackson.

"Looks like you're finally moving on, odd choice to choose a married woman." Kristina spoke as she took a seat at the table nearby.

"Elizabeth and I aren't together." Jackson informed her, taking a seat.

"You know I'd be careful with her, each one of her kids have a different father. She's an easy one to knock up." Kristina made a snarky comment as she scanned the menu.

"Kristina, stop it." Jackson snapped back, taking a deep breathe. "I'm sorry. I don't want to argue with you or stress you out." He apologized as he remained calm, trying to avoid a repeat of their last argument.

"You're right." Kristina nodded, realizing her bitterness towards him was getting the best of her. "I'm sorry." She apologized, "I shouldn't have said those things about Elizabeth." The waiter came over and they placed their orders. They both remained silent for a moment looking at each other as neither knew exactly what to say next.

"Have you thought of any names?" Jackson asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes, actually." Kristina stated with a smile, "If it's a girl I want to honor my mother and if it's a boy I want to honor my grandfather Mike. Have you thought of any?" She asked, wondering if he had any suggestions.

"If it's a girl, I also want to honor my mother. Maybe Faith as a first or middle name?" He suggested, "I'm not sure if it's boy. I don't really have any men in my life worthy of honor."

"So, Faith Alexis Thomas if it's a girl and Mike Corbin Thomas if it's a boy." Kristina stated as she like the flow of both of those names.

"You're going to use my last name?" Jackson asked.

"Corinthos-Davis doesn't exactly have the best ring to it." Kristina insisted.

"I guess I just didn't expect you to use my last name since we're not together." Jackson explained the reasoning behind his thought. "Thank you." He then added, expressing his gratitude.