30

Adjusting to a new routine as a couple has been refreshing for Jackson and Kristina. Their connection was different in a unique way. Like the time they spent apart caused growth in both of them. There truly was restoration to their relationship.

Now, they were finally moments away from preparing for the arrival of their son. Surprisingly, everything was going according to plan. They checked Kristina into the hospital on schedule, still waiting it out to see if they need to induce her or not. She not only had Jackson by her side, but all of the Davis girls.

"How're you feeling, honey?" Alexis asked her daughter, who laid in the hospital bed with a discomforting look on her face.

"Like I'm ready for this baby to come out of me." Kristina stated, squeezing Jackson's hand who sat next to her.

"You got this." He encouraged her with a reassuring smile, placing a peck to her hand.

"Where's dad?" Kristina then asked, concerned as to why he wasn't there. It was unlike him to not be there for something like this.

"He's with Jason." Sam spoke up, "They're working."

"Of course." Kristina uttered frustratedly.

"Whatever it is, it must be important." Sam tried to reason. She wasn't happy about Sonny not being present either.

"More important than me giving birth?" Kristina shook her head.

"Why don't we focus on something else? Like how we can't wait to meet our son." Jackson interrupted, diverting the subject. He didn't want to add more stress to the situation.

"Yeah." Kristina nodded, taking a few deep breathes. "Thank you." She told him, meeting his gaze. Just him being there calmed her down.

As the time passed and Kristina's labor intensified and she began pushing. Jackson held her hand through it all as they welcomed their son into the world. As the doctor's prepared to place him in her arms for the first time, she looked up at her boyfriend.

"You did it." He smiled at her, seeing the exhaustion displayed on her face from the what she just went through. "I love you."

"I love you, too." She responded before the nurse came over, handing her their son for the first time. Tears flowed down her face as she saw his face for the very first time. She couldn't believe she was holding her own baby. Jackson teared up as well, not holding it in any longer. It felt so surreal for both of them.

"Michael Corbin Thomas." Kristina spoke with a quiver on her lips as she took in every small feature of her son.

-

The next month would be an adjustment for Kristina and Jackson as they went through the up's and downs of raising a newborn. While Kristina still had time on maternity leave, Jackson was getting ready to go back to work at the gym. He didn't want to leave Kristina and the baby all day but her mother and sisters assured him they would help as much as possible.

"You know, I could just tell my dad you need a little more time off." Kristina spoke as she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend by the dresser as he got ready. She laid her head on his back, embracing him before he turned to face her.

"I can't do that. You know I don't want your father giving me handouts." Jackson told her softly, this wasn't something he was willing to budge on as much as he wanted to stay home with his family. He wanted to provide for them as if his girlfriend's father wasn't his boss.

"I know... I'm just going to miss you." She told him, peaking on her tip toes to place a kiss on his lips. "I just want to spend time with you and I don't just mean to have sex. I have no complaints as we've been busy raising a baby. We've barely gotten any alone time and I don't want to have less of that with you going back to work."