15

Later that night at the hospital, Jason arrived to accompany Sam in her exam room. Jackson waited in the lobby by the nurses station. The elevator doors dinged and out walked the rest of the Davis girls. Kristina led the trio to the nurses station, asking for information on their loved one.

"Kristina." Jackson approached them as they turned to face him. "Jason's with Sam while she's getting checked out." He informed the family.

"Jackson." Kristina said shocked, she wasn't sure what he was doing there. "What are you doing here?" All she and her family knew was that Sam was hurt and Shiloh was dead.

"I brought Sam here. We went to help Dev on the Haunted Star only to find that Shiloh had him and Wiley hostage." Jackson informed his ex-girlfriend and her family. "I saw Dev leave with Wiley and caught up to them, which led to finding Shiloh holding Sam hostage."

"What about Shiloh? Did he really die?" Alexis asked him, wondering if that man was still alive and well.

"He's dead." Jackson confirmed, the news all causing them to release a sigh of relief. "Sam shot him with a flare gun and he fell overboard." Jackson could see the look on Kristina's face as she processed the news.

"Thank you for saving my daughter." Alexis told him. Despite his tanked relationship with one of her daughter's, she was glad he was there for her oldest. Alexis and Molly went into the exam room to see Sam while Kristina stayed in the waiting area.

"Are you okay?" Jackson asked Kristina carefully.

"It's a lot to process, that's for sure." Kristina replied as she stopped pacing. "Are you okay?" She turned to him and asked, "What exactly happened?"

"When I finally caught up to them, Shiloh and Sam were in a struggle. He threw her on the ground and was on top of her... I shot him in the chest." Jackson explained, "I checked on Sam and helped her arm get bandaged up. Shiloh had a bulletproof vest on from the uniform he stole. He attacked me out on the dock and Sam... she saved my life."

"I'm glad she did- that you both saved each other." Kristina told him meeting his gaze.

"Shiloh won't be a problem for anyone anymore." Jackson assured her before walking by her. She reached out, grabbing his wrist as he walked by, stopping him.

"Jackson." She uttered his name realizing it was too late to back out. "Thank you." Is all she managed to say. He met her eye one more time before nodding. She watched him walk away to the elevator. She almost hated to admit that she was starting to soften around him again. Part of her wants to stay guarded and the other wants to forgive.

Jackson walked through the halls, finding an empty bench with no one around. He sat down, letting out an exhausted sigh. He took in a few deep breathes, taking in what he just endured.

"Jackson?" He looked up to see who called out his name.

"Elizabeth." Jackson stated. "You're still here." He said, remembering that just a few hours ago, he was here with Cameron.

"And you're back." She responded, seeing that he was tired and rundown. "Is everything okay?"

"I just helped stop a cult leading psychopath tonight. So, you could say I'm a little exhausted." Jackson told her with an laugh as he thought about how crazy that sentence sounded.

"Shiloh?" Elizabeth clarified, "He was just brought in a body bag. Willow Tait just identified him." Elizabeth informed him.

"Good." Jackson nodded. "He was going to kill Sam if I hadn't gotten there in time. I shot him but I made the mistake of forgetting to check his pulse. His bulletproof vest saved him and he attacked me on the balcony of the Haunted Star. Sam shot him in the back with a flare gun saving my life." Jackson filled her in on the details.