25

It was Christmas Eve day and the Davis and Morgan family were preparing for the best gift they could ask for this Christmas season. Sam was being granted parole and would be coming home today. The Davis girls thought it would be a good idea to have a Christmas party and surprise the kids that their mother would be home. Molly, Alexis, Kristina and Valerie decorated and prepped Alexis's house for company as they planned to have the family over. Sonny, Carly, Michael and Sasha arrived with Scout and Danny as Jason went to go pickup Sam to bring her home. Shortly after, Jackson arrived. Everyone began mingling and waiting in anticipation for Sam. Jackson sat on the couch as his ear was being talked off by Sam's daughter. Scout had taken a liking for her mother's friend. She found him quite charming.

"Are you excited to be a daddy?" Scout asked Jackson out of the blue.

"You heard the news, huh?" Jackson asked her with a grin as he glanced at Kristina nearby who was mingling with her family.

"I heard Grandma and aunt Molly say you're having a baby with aunt Krissy." Scout told him with a smile, catching both Kristina and Valerie's attention. "Are you excited?!" The little girl cheered as she thought of her new baby cousin.

"Yeah," Jackson chuckled at the joyful child, "I am."

"Is it going to be a boy or girl? Ooh, if it's a boy- can he get your hair?!" Scout asked ecstatically, "And if it's a girl, can she get your pretty eyes?!" She jumped up running over to her pregnant aunt.

"Did someone feed you sugar before coming over? You are so hyper!" Kristina told her niece as she brushed her nieces hair.

"I'm just so excited to have a baby cousin!" Scout told her aunt with a smile from ear to ear.

Everyone's attention was taken away to Jason walking through the front door.

"Dad!" Danny cheered, "Where were you?" He asked.

"I was working on a Christmas surprise." Jason answered as he walked inside. Sam walked in shortly after with a bright smile on her face as she saw her kids.

"Mom!" Danny and Scout cheered as they jumped up and ran into their mother's arms.

"Hi, babies, I missed you both so much!" Sam told her kids as she tightly wrapped her arms around them. "Merry Christmas." Everyone in the room smiled in awe as the watched Sam reunite with her kids. It truly was a Christmas miracle for the Morgan family. After briefly greeting everyone, Sam sat by the Christmas tree to spend a moment with her kids.

"Jackson." Kristina greeted him with a forced smile as she suddenly couldn't avoid him, they hadn't spoken to each since their last argument that ended in a visit to the hospital. "I didn't realize how much Scout took a liking of you."

"I just hope to have the same effect on our baby." Jackson responded hopeful as he thought about their baby.

"Me too." Kristina nodded, placing a hand on her stomach.

"I'm sorry about how our conversation went the other day." Jackson spoke, breaking the tension between them. "I upset you and that's the last thing I wanted."

"Jackson, now isn't the time we should be discussing this." Kristina sighed, glancing around at everyone. She wasn't exactly proud of the situation they were in and didn't want anyone overhearing their problems or making today about them.

"I know. I've been doing some thinking since we last talked and I think we should get together soon and discuss what the rest of your pregnancy looks like for us. And what life will be like afterwards." Jackson spoke, glancing at her hand on her stomach.

"Sure," Kristina agreed, "How about we get breakfast before my next prenatal appointment in a couple weeks?"

"Sounds good." Jackson nodded.