‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥

ᵗʰᶦˢ ˢᶜᵉⁿᵃʳᶦᵒ ᶦˢ ᵇᵃˢᵉᵈ ᵒᶠᶠ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵒᵒᵏ ᵒᶠ ᵐᵘʳᵈᵉʳ
ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉⁿ'ᵗ ˢᵉᵉⁿ ᶦᵗ ᵗʰᵉⁿ ᴵ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵘᵐᵐᵃʳᶦᶻᵉ ᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵗᵉˡˡ ʸᵒᵘ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᵗᵒ ʷᵃᵗᶜʰ ᶦᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᶠʳᵉᵉ

You have been invited to a masquerade ball at the Phantomhive manor, whether it is because you have business with the young earl, you know someone that works there and got invited or you are just familiar with the young earl. You received an invitation earlier during the week and as soon as you saw it you knew that you had to go. How can you pass out on a ball when they are so much fun? Especially a ball at the Phantomhive manor when everyone knows that the earl is just full of surprises.

The ball that you got invited to is a masquerade ball, you don't really know why, you just thought that it was the theme for the ball, how could you possibly know that there is an ulterior motive for it? You were told that it was a a masquerade ball so you put on your best suit/your best dress and you grabbed your mask, not taking long to get to the manor. When you do get to the manor and are let in you see that not a lot of people were invited, as if everyone was invited with a purpose.

As you are about to ask the earl's butler about the handful of guests you catch a glimpse of the earl coming down the stairs, stopping just at the bottom and glancing at everyone in the room. "Good evening everyone, as the invitations stated you have been invited to an overnight masquerade ball here at my manor. You are all welcomed and encouraged to have a good time so don't hesitate on stopping by the dining room for some appetizers until dinner is done" you hear him say right before music starts to play, now watching as he sends a glance towards his butler who nods.

You don't think much of it, thinking that whatever that was about is none of your business but just as you are about to go get some appetizers you feel someone bump into you.  "Oh! My apologies, I wasn't looking. Are you alright?" you hear the person say, looking over at them only to see a familiar face with a drink in hand, that being (love interest) who clearly was the first person to get here, seeing as the drink that they have in hand is obviously not their first drink of the night. What do you respond with?