(13)

For the past few days, me and Draco have been spending our time in The Room Of Requirement. The cabinets took some work and time, but it was all worth it. I was with Draco. The confession we both made to each other seems so far away-- I'm not sure he remembers it at all. He's so casual with me, as if we both didn't exchange a three word sentence that I vowed I would never say or feel again.

"It's time," I apprise, looking over at the cabinet, its doors slightly open.

"I know," he replies, following my gaze. "Damn shit."

"You have to kill him," I mutter, not acknowledging the fact that he is too cowardly to do so. I know I am too, but I do not sit on such a low level as he does.

"I know," he repeats.

"Can you do it?"

He doesn't respond. That's when, as the door reveals our mission 1 accomplished, cackles fill the quiet room. I can recognise who the laugh comes from.

"Mara, sweetie!" She smacks my arm, pulling me into a rough embrace. "Well done!"

I smile, then look over at Draco, who's timidly standing beside me, gaze cast low. "I had some help."

He looks up, grins a little, but it vanishes when Bella ruffles his hair and greets him with a, "I thought you said that you are a man now. I think my nephew is going backwards. In age," she teases presumptously.

He fakes a smile before dipping his head.

That's when my brothers emerge from the cabinet. I smile at them,  truly merry to see them. They approach me, Tom pulling me into an embrace as I fist bump Mattheo behind him.

When they go to Draco, Mattheo teases, "oh my pale friend, did you come here afraid that in this cabinet you would find it to he haunted?"

"No, he was afraid that his father would come out and start lecturing him in front of MaRa," Tom adds, laughing as Draco's cheeks flush.

"Don't tease him," I say defensively.

My brothers look at me. "What?"

"He has to kill someone," I blabber as a cover up. "Assassinate Dumbledore. In order for him to achieve that, he has to get over his fear," I explain.

My brothers slap my back as Fenrir Greyback emerges from the cabinet. We then start making our way to Dumbledore's office, ready to paint our hands in his blood, and ready to steal control of the school as if it was always there for us to fight over.

I'm lost in thought, pondering if we first make conversation, follow the duelling rules, or just do a straight backstab and finish the job. I know he isn't capable- he is too innocent. He has a heart; and no heart can kill unless the heart is stone.

Draco is visibly shuddering the closer we get. To reassure him, I slip my hand into his, my fingers lacing with his. I glance over my shoulder, hiding our intertwined hands. He looks up at me, lips parted, but I don't allow my eyes to meet his. I lead him, up and up, then to the terrace, where Dumbledore stands. I release his hand.

"Draco," he says softly, calmly, as if he prepared for this encounter. "Do you need something?"

Resisting his attempts of making him back away, Draco's grip tightens on his wand.

"You're not like this, Draco," Dumbledore takes a step forward.

"Stay away!" He disarms the professor.

"I knew a boy, just like you," he doesn't look at me. "He needed help, and I provided it. Just lower your wand."

"You don't understand!" Draco snaps. "I have to kill you!" A shift of the feet. "Or he's gonna kill me." A soft, cruel truth. A life for a life, no matter if you succeed or not.