05

M/N'S POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Huh? Me?!" I whisper as my eyes widened in disbelief.

Alex only nodded his head with a generous amount of excitement.

"You have to accept my affection, and return the same, or more, affection to me!" He said with a sly smirk.

"What?! Why-"

"Don't act stupid. I know you've smelt a difference in my scent compared to other Alphas you've encountered."

"You know that you're my mate, don't you?" He said with a smile.

My body shuttered. It was obvious that he was my mate. I just didn't want to except it.

It's all so stressful for me.

I try not to fall for Alphas, and I try to push them away when they try to start conversations with me as well, but I just can't say no to this Alpha. It's frustrating.

"Maybe.." I shy away from the taller male's gaze.

I can sense Alex's smile widening, proudly showing his fangs.

"Why don't you take the deal with me then?" He asked, the same smirk plastered on his face.

"I just...don't really accept Alphas that easily.."

"That's totally fine. I'll work up to it. Maybe I can even work to know why you don't trust Alphas. I just really want to know about you, so take this deal as my official first step." He grinned.

"I don't know..."

"It's all a win, sweetheart. You can relax, I will finally have my mate, and your daughter will have the devoted father she deserves."

"Tha-"

Alex abruptly grabbed my hand and put it against his strong chest.

His heart was beating so fast.

"Please just accept me! I promise that I'll treat you like a prince."

"I-uh..." I blushed at the Alpha's sudden desperation.

It was unusual to me.

Alphas are usually cruel, selfish beings.

Beings that they have power over all of the other tiers, and they end up mostly abusing this power.

I've experienced it before, and I never want to experience it again.

I'm cautious, but this Alpha was begging for my attention.

"Please..." He continued, leaning towards me, his body no doubtly towering over me.

I grew nervous, panicking at the closeness of the other.

*RRIIINNNNGG*

"O-Oh, my phone's ringing. Excuse me." I immediately took my phone as an opportunity to leave the position I was in.

I looked at the number that was calling, but it wasn't a number I recognize; however, I excused myself and went into the kitchen anyway.

I answered the call, figuring that it might've been someone who had dialed the wrong number.

"Hello?" I started, holding the mobile device near my ear.

"Hello. Are you M/n L/n?" A voice immediately asked.