06

Alex POV
------------------------------
"That's all I can tell ya', boss. They haven't left any clues that I can weave out who the exact culprits are. Maybe if you give me more time..."

I sighed, "Fine. Give me the rundown again." I answered, giving a slight growl.

"The attack happened five minutes passed 12, so after midnight. There was no sign of forced intrusion, but the front door was left ajar, which is unusual since (Mother's Name) is usually sleep at that time. If we have a closer look at that front door, we might be able to see if she woke and opened it herself as a response to excessive knocking, or did the culprit smartly force themselves in."

"Well then, I'll meet you at the house." I simply said.

"Alright! Signing off!" He then hung up on me. I fixed my posture a bit before going back into the room. I automatically released calming pheromones to soothe my Omega in case he was still in distress. To my surprise, he was asleep. He softly held onto his mother's right hand as he rested his head on the side of her bed.

"Oh, you must be the Alpha I've heard so much about from M/n here." A quiet voice called. I was quick to notice that it was M/n's mother. She was sat up in her hospital bed. She looked as if she wasn't shot at all. I guess she really is strong.

I was caught captive in her looks. M/n and his mother look exactly alike. Both of them were able to put me in a state of awe. What she said made my pride swell once it fully registered in my mind...

Omega was talking about me.

I pushed that thought away, and lowered my newfound pride so that I could talk to her correctly.

"Y-Yes! My name is Alex." I kept my introduction light so that I wouldn't overshare. I'm sure if I told her what I am, she'd definitely resent me, and keep her angel of a son away from me for his own safety.

"M/n told me that your first encounter was an unusual one." She chuckled softly, stroking her son's soft looking hair as her calm gaze stayed glued to mine. Embarrassment took over my face, remembering the rash events that took place.

"I'm so sorry! I tend to act out sometimes when I'm refused of something that I want! I had no intention of frightening him or his friends!" I said truthfully. I kept my voice in a hushed but hurried tone, wanting to apologize to the mother of this wonderful Omega creation.

"It's quite alright. I guess that's a characteristic all Alphas have, but please do go easy on my little M/n here."

"Y-Yes, Ma'am!"

"I have to say, I'm surprised that he was able to grow a bit accustomed to you. He usually wants nothing to do with an Alpha after Middle School, but he seemed to have grown fond of you in such a short time."

"If you don't mind me asking, what happened to M/n during Middle School?"

(Mother's Name) looked hesitant to tell me. Was it really that bad? Did I make a mistake? Did I pry too much? Damn, I'm ruining my first impression!

"Never mind! You don't have yo tell me! My curiosity got the best of me! I'm so sorry!" I apologized.

"That's quite alright. It's better for me to tell you this other than M/n himself. Last time someone asked M/n of the events, M/n nearly had a panic attack." M/n's mother shivered at the memory.

"So, those are normal for him?" I asked, remembering that he also had a panic attack around me too.

"Unfortunately, it's not irregular. Sadly, M/n has grown to be self conscious of himself because he's an Omega, and he easily cracks under pressure. The faint mention of an Alpha that had interest in him causes him to go into hiding." M/n's mother sighed once more before she looked at me seriously.