07

ALEX'S POV
—————————
Okay, I'll admit it. I'm pissed off. He was really taken advantage of during his first heat, and then he was knocked up by some Alpha classmate. And even after all that, he still took care of the child that most likely brought him some traumatizing memories.

'And I bet that the Alpha that did this to him doesn't feel a goddamn thing for them.' I lightly growled under my breath, letting my anger top for a second. Yes, it's old news that an Omega was taken advantage of by an Alpha, but it's still sickening news. Alphas and Betas get to spend their lives without most of the problems an Omega has to worry about.

Omegas can't get jobs that doesn't include them selling their bodies, unless they're mated with an Alpha. Sometimes, Omegas can't participate in public events unless they're mated by an Alpha, since Alphas will most likely attend the event and it'll have a chance to cause problems. Omegas can't even walk alone, having to fear of being abducted by an Alpha.

They live their lives on a thin thread of fear at all times, and us Alphas only make it harder for them.

Their entire being is dependent on us whether they like it or not. I'm not even an Omega, and I can tell that having to depend on Alphas their entire lives, sort of ruins their pride.

"Hey!" A voice called, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to the voice, and I saw a red haired male with green eyes. He was shorter than me, and he wore a brown overcoat with a black shirt underneath, and black pants.

"My name is Detective Ryan Green. Is that the son of (Mother's Name)? Is he alright?"

I growled slightly, "What's it to ya?" I glared at him, obviously not being on the right side with the cops.

The detective shuddered slightly, which is the reaction from the pheromones I released.

"Calm down. I have no intentions of taking him from you, okay?" The detective eased.

I eased myself a bit, knowing that my angered pheromones might bother M/n in his sleep. I'm so mad about what happen to M/n at his Middle School that I completely dusted the present situation.

"You came to drag information from M/n's ma? She doesn't know who invaded her home, but she doesn't believe that the intruder was an complete stranger. Nothing was stolen from the home, and the intruder seemed to know all of her hiding spots inside." While I supplied the detective with the quick summary of the information, I continued to hold M/n's sleeping body close.

"For his safety, M/n and his daughter will be living at my house until the culprit is caught..." I said with a glare, wanting to silence any objections the detective may have. However, it seems that this Alpha himself was as persistent as I am.

"I don't think that'll be the correct choice, Alex Wright." The Detective said, causing me to jolt in surprise.

"What are you surprised for? You're here with no disguise on, and you'd expect me not to notice a highly ranked Mob Boss?"

"Don't bring me into this situation. I don't have time to deal with you right now." I growled, holding M/n's small frame even tighter.

"Oh? Are you perhaps taking this matter into your own hands? Don't tell me that you're using this as a way to show the Omega that you're capable of being their life mate. Just how selfish can you be?" The detective irked.

I'm ashamed to admit it, but he's right. I'm using this as a chance to show that I'm actually capable of protecting the Omega, caring for the Omega, and providing for the Omega and our future young. It's...disgraceful, but it's what us Alphas have to do when we're courting our Omegas. To make their decision as limited as possible, so we'll be chosen in the end.