Eight

It was homecoming weekend. Jake and I got up this early to gain a jump start on a rival squad. Amy and I slept together two nights in a row at her place, but it was incredible. This time, it felt like we were married. I had to leave when we were hugging. Amy was sobbing, but I bought and sent her a gift in the form of a number eleven jersey that stated Daxton's girl. She awoke in tears because she liked it.

"Babe, I love it," she said as she hugged me. I was all dressed up and showered. I was in my good clothes and was told that Jake could pick me up here. I didn't want Melanie to harass me, but I couldn't stop thinking about what she was going through. Maybe I should have checked on her if she was doing alright. I still had so many questions in my head to ask her, but I was afraid of what I would say to hurt. What if Melanie denied knowing anything about Kylie? Perhaps she wasn't ready to tell anybody about this at all. I just had to understand her and appreciate her.

I was almost ready to go, so I returned to her and kissed her again. It was a passionate peck kiss. We couldn't be this happy since her parents adored me. Since Jake texted me he was here and waiting for me to leave Amy's house, I clutched my back. When I told her I'd see her later at the game, she offered me a sweet, generous smile.

Later, I was getting ready to do some warmups with the football squad before the game. Today's audience was packed. I was looking for Amy when I noticed her smiling and wearing the jersey I had gotten for her. That made me grin and send chills up and down my arms and legs.

Mom appeared directly next to her, waving the same sign she had waved in the air. Mom made me chuckle, but she was wonderful to me. I turned around and looked Melanie in the eyes. She seemed perfectly fine while cheering. She never even looked me in the eyes. She was ignoring me in favor of cheering for her team. As a warm-up, Jake was practicing with these throws.

We won the game against the other team, but it was a thrilling match with overtime that was well worth it for the game and the crowd. My squad was cursing at each other and howling at each other. After their first loss of the season, the opposing squad was distraught.

When I carried the suit with me, I was on my way to the shower. The homecoming dance party would start about six o'clock in the evening, but Amanda went home to get ready because she had a dress. She got her nails done, her hair done, and her makeup done. Jake had already dressed in a red suit in order to match Rosalia. He was bragging about fucking tonight in a hotel he had reserved. I sneered at him because he was having a sexual relationship with Rosalia. They usually have hot sex once a week. I was putting on my suit and required a black tie because I did not know what I was doing.

"Need a hand?" Jake inquired as I turned my gaze to the mirror. I looked him in the eyes and nodded.

"Yes, please," I said, a slight smile on my face. I was dressed to the nines in a black suit. The lads in the background were talking about dates, dances, and who would be crowned homecoming king and queen. Jake pressed his hands against my bowtie. He wrapped it around himself as though fastening his shoes.

"You looked good tonight," he commented.

"Thank you, buddy; you look wonderful as well," I said. "I'm overjoyed that you're clean."

"I bet," he responded, smiling. I had no idea how proud I was of him. He appeared to be in better shape following a difficult first few weeks of senior year.

"You know, Rosa made me the happiest person on the planet," he said. I nodded while listening. He made my tie look nice after that. I walked straight to the mirror to perfect my look before meeting Amy on the dancing. She hesitated to tell me what she was wearing, since it was one of the most shocking things she had ever done.