Nineteen

The investigation into Jonah's case began. It proved quite upsetting for Vivian and her family. I called Jake, but not on his cell phone. I only had to contact him to tell him the awful news. I informed him and he was horrified. He hoped he and Jonah had a better relationship, but Melanie and Jonah had a better relationship. Vivian had been sobbing constantly that I felt terrible for her. She did not deserve to witness this. She was madly in love with him.

After receiving the news, Landon and his crew arrived. Landon had to return home to change his clothes because this situation was unexpected. I looked up at the ceiling cameras and alerted Landon that they could have taped the camera video. He wasn't even paying attention to me since he was too busy conducting his job.

Landon and his team came shortly after getting the news. Because this circumstance was unforeseen, Landon had to return home to change his clothing. I looked up at the ceiling cameras and informed Landon that the camera video may have been recorded. He wasn't even paying attention to me since he was too preoccupied with his work.

"Can you tell me what happened?" "Did you catch the murderer?" She stated.

"As a result, someone hacked into the camera footage and erased all of the data from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I am so sorry that you are having a difficult Christmas Day," Landon continued.

""What do you mean it's been deleted?" She asked about Landon. "This is what happened this morning!" Landon attempted to calm her down while Melanie and my mother stood nearby. What a miserable Christmas day. Who could have done this to Jonah?

"The chip is missing, and there are no recordings to be found." This is a severe problem, and we will address it," he continued.

"You had better be because I wanted to know who killed my husband," Vivian said to everyone. She was struggling.

"This is why the investigation is starting now," Landon explained. "Unless we find something new, we will continue to keep you updated." Vivian nodded and stated that she wanted to go home. Mom was willing to take Melanie home, but Melanie wanted some alone time to reflect. I fully comprehend. She needed some alone time.

Jonah's funeral was already organized and scheduled a few days later. Vivian was distraught, and I had heard nothing about Melanie. She just abandoned me, but I thought that I had to trust her. She had just lost the position of father when she needed it the most.

I was suddenly ready for the funeral. I knew that would be tremendously difficult for Jonah's people. Certainly, a lot of people adored him. Jake couldn't make it to the funeral since he had to wait until he was discharged from the Center.

It was terribly sad and terrible when I attended the funeral. I heard a lot of sobbing. Hearing the words hurt me hard, but Vivian was the most agonizing. She imagined it would remain with her forever, but it wasn't. It took less than 24 hours to terminate their marriage, and she would never be able to find love again. It would be extremely difficult for her to heal.

I couldn't be with Melanie since family members had to stand in front. I was in the center, but I noticed Melanie with a guy. I couldn't tell from the hat, but I could see her giggling softly and swaying her shoulders. What was it that was so amusing about it? I'm hoping that the officer guy didn't flirt with my girl. She was my sweetheart.

I walked outside after the funeral and waited for Melanie to come out. She was taking her time because of a slew of family and friends on Jonah's side. I eventually spotted my girlfriend leaving the church. When I shouted her name, she grinned.

After that, she approached me and said hello. That was it. "Lakeyn, it's great to get to know you," said a male voice in the background. "You're rather entertaining to be around."

"Landon?" I yelled his name as I saw his face through the police headgear. He was dressed in the uniform. Then I turned to Melanie and said, "Lakeyn?"

"Hey Daxton," he called out. "Rosalia is doing an excellent job as my matchmaker." I wanted to smack him in the face because he was giggling. She was keeping a close eye on me to make sure I wasn't doing anything else.

"Detective, her name isn't Lakeyn, it's Melanie," I murmured as I placed my arms around her.

"Daxton," she yelled as she pointed her finger at me. I rolled my eyes at them both.

"Melanie? "That name sounds interesting," he flirted. He was clearly flirting with her.

"Seems like my best friend's girlfriend made this plan work," I said, my envy visible.

"Daxton, just stop it," she sighed, rolling her eyes at me. She walked away from me without saying anything. "Landon, please come with me." I knew it had nothing to do with me, but how did she get along with Landon? She was meant to be my girlfriend, and she was supposed to be this loyal. It made me believe she would cheat on me. I couldn't have thought of that without evidence to support its claims Perhaps I was that foolish now. I'm currently making her even angrier. What a day it has been.

Mom reached me a few hours later and claimed her memory had returned. She wanted to tell me something she was trying to recall. "Mom, can you tell me what happened in that incident?" "Can you recall who was the driver who caused the hit and run?"

"I am not sure because I couldn't see her face," she said.

"It was a female?" I inquired of her.

"She was young, yeah." I thought she was wearing a blonde wig. She had that olive neutral skin tone, but I couldn't see her entire face. That's all I remember," she added. This really frightened me and raised some concerns in my mind, but I was unable to determine what they were. Who exactly was this person?

"Then we have to meet with the police and discuss this information," I said to Mom. She shook her head at me as she listened to me. She agreed to accompany me to the police station and inform the authorities about certain facts she remembered.

Mom and I headed to the police station, where she finished her part. The search for the suspect had begun, according to Detective Landon and his team. He remarked that these coincidences were most likely connected to everything because there was no DNA or anything else. They would work incredibly hard at their jobs.