2. Saving MJ

AN: Future Author here, lol. I'm re-reading this chapter and realized it might be a little confusing. Initially, 1+2 Chapters were one, and I just split them up because I try to keep a 1500 - 2000 word minimum. This is a flashback referring to Quentin confronting Peter about sucking off his friends.

November 18th, 2022
11:02 PM

Riverside Drive, Manhattan, NYC

   MJ knew it was a bad idea to walk back to his apartment from the Avenger's Tower, but he stormed out after he fought with Quentin. He started using his Track Team experience to outrun the man, but then he heard the click of a loaded gun, and he froze. He felt the mugger's shadow following him when he turned the block.

   "Hands up..." He heard the strained voice of a methhead. MJ sighed and obeyed. He was well-equipped to fight back. He was a star athlete and a good head taller than the man.

   "My wallet is in my left back pocket," he closed his eyes, hoping he wouldn't be groped like the last time he was mugged, but then he felt himself being tackled, and his breath was knocked out of him. He peaked his eyes open to see that he was a couple of stories up from the ground and gulped.

   "Relax... I am just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man," Peter masked his voice. MJ looked at him and gaped as he was being swung to Upper Eastside. Peter swung into an empty alley and set down MJ. He looked at the hero, who sat him down and grabbed his wrist so he couldn't leave. The hero gulped and hopped back.

   "Oh, sorry... I-I was trying to thank you, Spider-Man," MJ said, watching the mutant twiddle his thumbs and look down at his feet, "You saved my life... and wallet. I barely have enough for rent,". Peter has had a crush on MJ for the longest time. To MJ, he was just Quentin's dorky little brother. He notoriously froze and couldn't speak when MJ acknowledged him being alive.

   "This... is so cool. Jonah Jameson is so wrong about you," he said, and Spider-Man saluted him when his lips didn't move. "You... You're-" MJ was at a loss for words. Peter knew he couldn't see his appearance but hoped he would say handsome or strong, "You're so tiny...."

   "Huh?"

   "You can lift cars and stop trains... I just thought you would be taller," MJ said, realizing that it sounded rude. "Oh god, I'm sorry. I don't mean it like that... it's just that you are so small and cute."

   "Thank you, MJ." Peter was positive that MJ could see his heart eyes and blush even through his mask.

   "How did you know my name? How do you know where I live?" MJ noticed the tree out of the alley, which he looked down at from his dusty apartment. Peter wanted to slap his forehead.

   "I um... I saw your face in an article posted on the Daily Bugle... it was the only article not bashing me and reporting a crime in Eastside," Peter thought of a quick lie. "I memorize pretty faces," he said, and then felt his cheeks getting so hot he thought they would catch the mask aflame.

   "Oh..." MJ blushed. Truth be told... he loved Spider-Man. He was one of the only interns to stand up for him at a company meeting at the Bugle. "I um... I need to thank you, here..." MJ said, taking out his wallet.