11. He Knows

Photo Made with Bing AI

November 30th, 2022
11:22 AM

Midtown Academy, Manhattan, NYC

   Everyone on the Stark Scholarship volunteered at the city's school, going through every classroom and replacing all the old textbooks with new ones before the Break was over. Peter had been trying his best not to talk to Quentin, and this week he wouldn't have to go out of his way to not talk to him.

He was on a trip to London, touring Cambridge, and taking a year off from school. Peter just wanted to go to NYU and didn't need to tour any other college. He got in no problem being Tony Stark's son. He would have gotten in any way since he was the school's valedictorian.

   "Peter?" Steve Rogers came up to his Nephew, confused, "What is this?" He was holding a bong he had gotten from a teacher's desk. He was the face of the Stark Scholarship since Tony was so busy. He had his programs in schools too even though he hadn't been in one since the 30s.

   "It's... a Vase. Go ahead and put it back. Mr. Fuller cares about it," Peter said, glaring at the people around him to stop giggling and snapping photos. Steve was the leader for today, but Peter was helping, and they were 3 hours ahead of schedule. "Uncle Steve, I'm sure the others need some help taking the old textbooks to the trucks,"

   "You're right," Steve smiled and ruffled Peter's hair. He only stirred up more of his scent to draw more attention to him. "Er... Sorry," Steve stopped breathing and jogged off.

   "It's kind of pathetic watching a dweeb bossing around an actual superhero," Flash Thompson pushed Peter onto the bookshelf turning him around to see the fear in his eyes. "How does it feel to be the only loser that isn't a superhero in your family?" he asked, and Peter only yawned.

   "How does it feel that your parents are the only reason you are on this scholarship?" Peter shot back, and the people around him watched curiously, "The brightest Scientist at Stark Labs... and you're just a dumb jock that got a football scholarship for Stark Sports," he said, and Flash reared his hand back to punch Peter. He didn't flinch. He was planning to fight back since he couldn't get suspended.

   "Hey, go pick on someone your own size," MJ grabbed his elbow and pushed Flash out of the way.

   "You watch out, Watson," Flash muttered and walked away. MJ took looking down at Peter.

   "Hey,"

   "Hi..." Peter looked up at him with heart eyes, "Quentin isn't-"

   "Quentin is in England," MJ chuckled, "You do know you aren't twins, right?" He asked, and Peter chuckled. "Group C is done with Building F... we were wondering if there was anything planned for lunch?" he asked.

   "Oh! Yes... the Brooklyn Bistro is catering lunch," Peter said bashfully, playing with the sleeve of his sweater... then he gulped. He just now remembered the sweater MJ gave him when he was Spider-Man.

   "Well, Would you like to join us for lunch?" He asked, and Peter nodded. MJ smirked, leaving the room.