Scene 16 - How to make the feeling stop

Part 15 of F  L  A  S  H     B  A  C  K 

“Ashley… Ashley, wait! Give me a second, let’s talk.”

“Talk about what? Your crazy feelings for me? Then we shouldn’t talk anymore.”

I held her left arm and asked her to stay. “I’m sorry Ashley. I’m sorry about my crazy feelings. Please, let’s make it up now. It hurts when you ignore me and treat me as if I’m a stranger.”

“That’s your choice. You made yourself a stranger. You’re not Reid, you’re not my bestfriend though. You know why? Because she’s a girl, she’d never been in love with me. She’s a lady and not a tom like you. I don’t know who you are, definitely you’re a stranger. I have to go; Brandon’s waiting for me outside.”

That was the most painful words I heard from her. And this is the saddest feeling I ever felt. Imagine how hurtful to wipe my tears in front of her but she didn’t even care about it.

“. . . are you...dating him now?”

She nodded, “Yea.  And… I think you should know that he’s my boyfriend now. We’re officially together.”

 The more I deny my feelings, the more I get hurt.

What should I do?

I don't wanna lose my best friend but I love her more than who she is in my life.

 I shouldn't love her but I want to, I just can't turn away.

I shouldn't see her but I can't move, I can't look away.  

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not, I don't know how to make the feeling stop. 

If only she could understand...  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------