Scene 18 - Glad she came

Part 17 of  F  L  A  S  H    B  A  C  K      

Finally, we reached my home.  I get off the car then waved goodbye to Kelly.

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lil Reid!"  ;-)

"Sure! Thanks for the ride! Bye!" ;-)

"O'right!"

-------------------------------------------

I was getting inside the house in a very smooth manner but as I turned around and closed the door,  there was mom standing in crossed arms with a very serious face. I bet she's angry. 

"Where were you?" she seriously asked.

"I'm sorry... ahhmmm... I just..." Ohmigosshh! I don't know where to start.

"I said where were you!? Answer me! I've been calling you all night, why were you dropping my calls?!  Haven't you realized how worried your mother is?! Now tell me, where have you been?!"

"From... from a friend's house. I'm sorry, I haven't asked for your permission. Promise, it won't happen again."

"I'm just worried about you. You know how fragile you are and I should double my eyes on you so you won't get into trouble again. Reid, promise me you'll never do it again.  Is that clear?"

"Yea. I'm sorry about that.  Mom... forgive me, please...? Please...? C'mon, show me your sweetest smile..." Here I am, trying to soothe my mom so she won't be mad anymore.

Hooray! She smiled! "You really know how to soothe me, dear..."

------------------------------------------------------------

~KELLY'S P.O.V~

"You were with  Reid last night? Who the Reid is she? I don't even know her." 

"My goodness! You don't even know your li'l sissy's bestfriend?! How dare you! HAHA! Reid is the only bestfriend of your sister, Ashley. Oh c'mon, don't tell me you know nothing about her!"  I answered with a sarcastic attitude.

"Well, we haven't talked about her. My sister's so mad at me that she never share something about her life! HAHAHA! I don't care anyway." 

"Aww... Lindsey, you're so mean! But you know what, I'm feelin' something strange about Reid. I guess she's one of us." 

"I don't think so. She can't be like us, you know how my sister hates being like this. She will never accept that she has a lesbian bestfriend though." 

"Well, I have to prove that I'm right. I'll get closer with Reid to figure out the real thing about her. I bet she's a tom and I knew it from the start."

"So you're gonna flirt with her? Then I'm gonna tell Tracy about it!"

"Shut up. She should not know about it, zip your lips! And let me do what I want, okay?"

"Hmm. You're crazy!"

----------------------------------------------------------

~Back to Reid's P.O.V~

It's another day, a day without a bestfriend, a day without Ashley by my side.  

"Bye, mom! Thanks for the ride. I'll be getting inside --> (referring to the school)"

"Alright, sweety!  Oh wait! Wait! Just wanna remind you, I have a meeting tonight so I guess I won't be able to fetch you later.  But don't worry, I asked our neighbor to do it so."

"No problem. Goodbye, mom! Take care."  

"Bye!"

------------------------------------------

As I turned my back, I saw Ashley standing in front of the gateway. She seemed so happy with Brandon. They were so sweet, staring at each other's eyes. I guess they were about to  separate ways since the first class is about to start. And Brandon is a student of St. John Villa Academy (all boys school; a sister school of SJVA for girls) which is located right beside our school building. 

I tried to nod hello but she just looked at me and then walked away.  I sighed with loneliness and pain. 

"Hey. . ." Kelly drew nearer and put her arm on my shoulder. 

"Oh, Kelly! Hi!" :)

"Haha! Don't deny it, I caught your eyes were glued to Ashley. Is it just a "friends quarrel", or maybe more than that?" 

"Wh...what?? Uhhh... it's better not to talk about that. It's just... just a simple mess." I stuttered.

"You sure? Well, I won't force you to share something about it. But hey, if you need someone to talk to, just approach me and I'll be by your side. Okay?" Kelly whispered with a canorous tender loving voice. Aww.. it was so sweet. 

"Aughh... thank you so much Kelly. :) I appreciate it." I glanced at my wrist watch and... "Oh! we need to go. We're almost late!" 

"Oh... Reid, it's okay... Nobody's gonna be mad though we're late. This school is under my law so there's nothing to worry about."

"Haha. I'm sorry but I really have to go. I used to ditch classes and I promised myself not to do it again. I'll go now."

When I was about to leave, she suddenly held my hand and asked me to stay. "Please, spend your day with me. We're friends, right? Then, would you really let me go alone? Come on... be with me. Please?" ;-)

"But... but Kelly..." I'm gonna feel guilty if I won't go with her. "Alright, I'll go with you. I think this is how I can pay you back since you brought me home yesterday. HAHA!"

"Good! It's my pleasure to be with you, Miss Reid! HAHA. Come on, hop in! We'll be having a joyride!"   :'D

                                     (  I> Youtube video )

We were strolling around the city,  riding on Kelly's car.

It was so fun as we both put our hands up and swayed with the music.

We were screaming and singing as if we own the whole city!

I never thought that I'll be obtaining this kind of happiness again.

Credits to Kelly! HAHA!

I don't even know why she's being nice to me...

But all I know is I'm happy with her, I even fail to remember the pain in my heart.

I wish this ride would never end.  ^_^