Scene 19 - Recurrence

Part 18 of F  L  A  S  H       B  A  C  K

We stopped over the sidewalk, hopped off and lean against the hood of Kelly's car. 

"Have some soda!" 

"Oh, thanks!" I opened the can of soda and had enough drink. 

(Kelly's phone rings)

~Babe calling...

Kelly dropped the call and turned her phone off.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

She shook her head and said, "Nothing."  Then she began to wear a sad face.  "We always fight. We meet seldom. We're on and off."  

"Are you referring to... Tracy?"

She nodded. "She was always busy that she couldn't spend enough time for me. Well, is it too much to expect something from her? I want her to be with me all the time but she can never make it for me. Am I not worth it?"

"Of course you're worth it!  Stop thinking that you aren't because you are. You're beautiful, you're nice, sweet and everything. I guess there's nothing that she should ask for more about you. You've got it all, Kelly." 

"You think so? HAHA! You're bluffing, right? I don't think I'm perfect for her. Hmm... Reid, share me something about your boyfriend!"  :-)

"I once had a boyfriend and after our stupid relationship, I promised myself not to fall for a man again. I loved him so much but he just betrayed me."

"Ouch. So it means that you'll never get into a normal relationship again? Then why not try having a girlfriend?"

I looked deeply into her eyes and had a deep sound in my throat.

"She can never appreciate what I feel for her." I calmly said.

"You're talkin' about Ashley, right? Don't be upset but I think you should find another one who can love and appreciate you the way you are."

"I can never control my heart to find someone better than her. This love is out of the blue.  I don't know how to manage it anyway.  But in time, I know she'll come on my way, the woman who can love me back and appreciate what I feel inside. I'll never get tired of waiting for that someone." I smiled and looked at her eyes again. And she did look at mine, too. I guess it took five minutes of staring at each other's eyes. 

"HAHA! Don't worry, sweety! You'll find her soon. Ooops! It's too early yet, let's have some more  trek over there!  (pointing to the west side of New York City)

"I'd love to! C'mon!"  

----------------------------------------------------------------

Zandra's P.O.V

( at The New York Times Publishing Company )

"Zandra, the investor is already inside the conference room. Bring these documents for him, okay?" 

"Okay, I'll do it."

-------------------------------------------------------

(In the conference room)

"Excuse me, I brought these docum..." I left my words unfinished when I suddenly gazed the man who was sitting on the office chair. My eyes blown out with shock, fear, and tension. Why do I have to see this man after the several years of pain?! 

"Miss Zandra, are you alright?" I guess my boss noticed me. I have to act as if nothing's wrong.

"Yea, I am. Ahmmm, I just brought these documents, I'll drop it here."

"Okay, thank you. By the way, this is Mr. Michael Ross, a journalist and apparently our new investor.  Mr. Ross, she's our new writer, Zandra."

"It's nice to meet you, sir." he was just gazing at me, I can see the nervousness in his eyes. "...excuse me but I have to go."

"Wait, Miss Zandra!" he stood up from his seat and drew nearer to me. "We have to talk, meet me at the lobby, okay?" he gently whispered. 

I didn't respond to what he said. I just turned my back and left him with my boss. 

------------------------------------------------------

Hey! After several years, the path of ex-lovers has crossed again. What could be the reaction of Reid about that? Her parents were suddenly reunited. could it be a good news or a bad one? Hmm. >:-)