Scene 12 - Found a best best friend

PART 11 of F  L  A  S  H     B  A  C  K

(Ashley's house)

"Are you alone here? Where's your family?" I asked.

"I live with my dad. He's a policeman, I think he's on duty right now. My sister is out.  My mom? She passed away three years ago. She got a car accident." 

"I'm sorry."   :-(

"It's okay.  Ahmm.. you can drop your things here before we do the milk tea! There's the kitchen, come on Reid." Like what Ashley said, I dropped my bag on the sofa.

After we made and drank the milk tea, we started sharing all stuffs about our personal lives. Her secrets. . . and my secrets. . .  I told her about my dad, how he left us when I was young, and all the saddest happenings in Florida, especially about Chad. 

"Is he the reason why you move here in NYC?" Ashley asked.

"Yea. I want to start a new life here, forget about Chad and all the things he did to me. Ohh... Ashley I really wanna thank you for listening to my terrible experiences. Gosh! It's a good thing that I got a friend like you. I remember before, I never had a friend and now I just realized how important having a friend is." I smiled at Ashley, then she moved closer and hugged me with her arms.

"I'll be your best best best friend, Lil Reid! I promise."  ^___^ v

I smiled. Wait, I want to ask her something. I really wonder why she hates Kelly. I think it's not a normal hatred.  "Ahmmm... there's something I wanna know. Is there any other reason why you hate kelly that much? I mean... well, it's not my intension to ask about that. You know I'm just worried. I felt like there's something she did that you can never forget. Am I right?" 

She nodded.  "I have a sister. She's Lindsey. Like the other girls, she was influenced by Kelly. I restrained her but she didn't listen. She was secretly in love with Kelly that's why she joined the lesbian group so she could always be with her. My God! Even though she's the eldest one, I still act as if I'm older than her! My sister's so immature! She always come home late, overdrunk, smoking. She wastes her life just because of that fuckin' Kelly.  Now you already know why I hate her so much!" 

"Uh oh. Calm down... I got it.  And now I understand you."

Beeppp...Beeeepp...Beeeep!  ---Oh, I guess it's mom who's blowing horns.  I looked outside the window and I saw mother's pickup truck. 

"It's mom. She's gonna pick me up now. I have to go!  Thanks for the milk tea. I had so much fun with you, Ash!" I embraced her.

"Awww... me too. I'll see you tomorrow! Goodbye!"

"Bye!" ^_~

--------------------------------------