Scene 2 - Lost affection

Part 1  of   F  L  A  S  H   B  A   C  K

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We used to be the photograph of a perfect family. . .    

Living in St. Cloud Florida,  I'm Reid Andrea Williams.  Feelin' like I've got everything...  that I don't have to ask for more. I used to be treated like a princess since I was the only child at home. I love my mom... but I love my dad more.  More than he'll ever know.   He was my savior, my life, my world.  And I couldn't imagine a life without him.  

But storms came into our lives. Something happened right after my 8th birthday party. Something I'd never expected.

It was late at night. I was covering my ears so I wouldn't hear their fight.  My heart was pounding so fast, made my eyes flooded with tears. I opened the door and went outside my room. I saw mom crying.  She kept on begging him to stay, knelt on the floor while embracing dad's right leg tightly.  

"Please Michael don't do this! Don't go! We need you here... Think of Reid. Don't leave her this way, she's your own daughter, your own blood! I'm begging you..." cried mom.      

"Stop it, Zandra! I did my part, what else do you want?!  I promised I'll be staying with you until Reid turns eight.  We'd talked about this before! What's your problem now!? Zandra, our deal is over.  I'm going back to my wife, she's waiting for me. I'm sorry, but I have to go." these were the last deafening words I heard from my dad. He started walking away from us. He's gone. 

"No!!!  Michael... Michael!!! Michael, come back! Please... Michael..." mom was trying to chase him.

"Mom! It's enough... we can't have him anymore. I hate him. I hate him so much! How could he do this to me! Both of you... you lied. How dare you!" I can't help myself from blaming them.  It was  so disappointing to figure out that my mom was just a mistress of my dad. It killed me. It felt like I was dying...  

"I'm sorry. It was all my fault. I'm so sorry Reid... I didn't mean to love your dad so much that I got to give him my all...  even though it was a sin. Forgive me, Reid. Forgive me." she was down on her knees and hugged me tightly

Dad was the only man I respected the most. And it hurts so bad to know that all these years, I was being fooled by my own father. Believing that I got the best picture of a perfect family. Since then, I started to hate the world, hate my dad, and hate myself. I was a product of my parents' sin. I am a trash and nobody could accept me this way.