S1 Chapter 18: A Forged Bond

Tomioka stood over the bodies of the Demon Slayers that were either dead puppets or killed by the puppets along with that Shinobu girl.

Shinobu: Were you acquainted with any of these Demon Slayers? There don't seem to be any survivors in this area at least. We were informed that several of the newer Mizunoto had joined the battle to combat these demons, but... they might all be dead by now, don't you think?

Tomioka: Let's go.

They went on the move.

Shinobu: Isn't the moon lovely? Since we've been given this joint mission, let's try to get along, Tomioka.

Tomioka: My only concern is slaying demons.

Shinobu: How cold-hearted of you. Well, how about we split up from this point? I shall proceed from the West.

Tomioka: Very well.

Shinobu jumped away.

With Tanjiro and Inosuke.

Inosuke jumped out of the way and saw whatever jumped in front of him. It was a giant demon with the body of a very muscular man with white hair and the face of a spider.

Father: Don't you come near my family! Stay way from them!

He nearly crushed Inosuke, but he jumped out of the way, the father then went for another punch to hit Inosuke.

Tanjiro: Water Breathing, Second Form: Water Wheel!

Tanjiro used a Water Wheel on the Father's arm, but it only stopped the punch and didn't cut the arm off.

Tanjiro's sword was stuck in the Father's arm.

Tanjiro: It's no good! It won't cut through!

The Father was about to punch Tanjiro, but it was stopped by Inosuke's twin swords, but still couldn't cut the arm off.

Inosuke: His body is so tough!

The Father sent them both back, but they were fortunate enough to land safely.

Tanjiro: None of my techniques worked! This is bad! What do I do?

Father: I'll say it again so you'll understand! Stay away from my family!

The Father was going to punch Tanjiro, but he jumped out of the way.

Inosuke: Hey, you! Eyes over here! All nine of them!

Inosuke was going for a slash, but the Father easily knocked him away, but Inosuke got back up.

Inosuke: Dammit! All that force with just a single swipe of its arm! I can't beat him in my condition! All this blood loss is making me dizzy.

The Father ran towards Inosuke who tried to make a run for it. Tanjiro still on land ran by Inosuke.

Tanjiro: Water Breathing, Second Form, Improved: Lateral Water Wheel!

Tanjiro cut a tree down horizontally which chopped it down and it landed on the Father spider's head, putting it under the river, but luckily Inosuke was unharmed.

Inosuke: What happened? What's going on here?

Tanjiro: Inosuke! You all right?

Inosuke saw Tanjiro standing on the tree trunk.