010: Investigation

(More Jake pov incoming)

JAKE POV:

2 weeks had passed since I last saw kira and chae eun. I already contacted jay and heeseung to help me get more infos about kira. Today was our scheduled meeting. I sat inside the coffee shop while I waited for them to arrive.

At first, I only wanted to talk with jay since he's friends with jungwon. But as I talked to jay through the phone, he told me that sunoo and heeseung are also close friends. So I added heeseung.

More than 5 minutes had passed, and I already saw jay getting out of the car. Heeseung went out of the car, too. I waved at them, signaling that I'm already here. Heeseung saw me and went directly to my table. Jay followed.

The talk~

"Yo, how's life right now, Daddy jake?
Jay said as he sat down facing me.

"Bro, do you really have to say that?"
Heeseung said while he laughed.

"So what's the catch? How did you know or guessed that you're the father of the child. Jay curiously asked.

"I already told you last last week"
I said seriously.

"Chill bro, he maybe forgot it just retell it again so that we'll solve it easier" Heeseung said.

"Fine"

After I finished retelling it to them,
they grabbed a pen and a paper while sipping on their coffee. I was curious about the pen and the paper, honestly.

"What's that?"

"A pen and a paper" Jay said as he wrote something on it. Then heeseung started talking. They looked like real lawyers at this point. They're also studying law currently, too, so hopefully, they knew what to do.

"As you said, something happened during the night of 17th, right? I nodded.

"But you saw sunoo with her inside the baby shop?" Heeseung added.

"Yeah," I said in a sad tone.

"Sunoo, isn't the father Jake. He once called me before when he needed help with his new car. He told me that he was going to accompany kira to shop for baby clothes." I asked him why, and he said, "The father of the baby doesn't know that kira is pregnant." Heeseung said. I felt relieved since before I thought sunoo was the father. Then jay spoke after.

"Ah, yes, I remember something. Jungwon called me before, too, He told me that kira is pregnant and he was kind of sad but happy because he was shocked about the announcement.
I asked him who the father was, but he told me that he wasn't allowed to reveal it since kira didn't want it to spread."

"The details, the trails, and every information that you gave us were only leading us to one answer." He added.

"Congrats, bro. You're a dad now."
Heeseung said and offered jay a handclap. I smiled, but it wasn't over yet.

"So how are you going to confront and ask kira about the father?" They both asked.

I was caught off guard. I didn't know what to say.

"Probably at dad's clinic, I work there for training, and kira chose my dad as chae eun's pedia." They were both stunned.

"Aweee, you really are the father. Her kid's name is the same as yours in your korean name. They rhyme pretty much. Did she give her an english name?" Jay said and asked.

"Jane Yuna is her english name. kira calls her as yuna, " I explained.

"Sheesh, she's smart for naming her baby really well." Jay said.

"Well It's kinda unique," I said.

"But what will your dad react if he heard you confront kira about yuna's father?" Heeseung asked.

Well, shoot, he's right. dad will kill me if he knows. Not because of having a baby at 20, but for not being there for kira during her hard days.

"Then I'll go to her house then." I confidently said.

"Didn't you know that sunoo and jungwon is living at her apartment?"
Jay said.

"No, since I wasn't talking to her. We were each other's ex, remember? Plus, sunoo and jungwon will probably leave for work early in the morning and come back at the afternoon or night." I said.

It's no surprise for me to know that sunoo and jungwon lived with her since those three were already friends since they were still kids.

"Are you even thinking correctly right now?" Jay said.

"Yes."

"And if she did confirm that you're the father, what's your next step?" Heeseung added.

"I'll visit my kid every day and simply court her mom. It's a win-win situation."
As I said that, they immediately laughed.

"Smooth move, bro, but are you a hundred percent sure that she still loves you?" Jay said.

"Then I'll make her fall in love again"

"That's my boy HAHAHAHA" heeseung said.

"Well, good luck on that, buddy. I wish you the best, "  Jay said.

We then hung out for a bit and said our goodbyes after a while.

💗~