0:14 Parents Duties 1

KIRA POV:

It was already 8:30 when I went home.
I saw both jake and yuna asleep in the living room. I didn't bother waking them up since they must be really tired having the first ever bond that they ever had. I wasn't sure if jake would be going home as soon as he woke up, so I used my spare time to cook late dinner for the both of us.

An hour had passed, and jake woke up already. He greeted me a good evening, and then he asked me if I cooked dinner. I replied with a "yes," but he replied with a "you didn't have to do that. I was going to make dinner right after my sleep. But it's fine, I'll just cook breakfast tomorrow," My eyes widened when I heard that.

"You'll stay here overnight?" I asked.

"Mhm, I hope you don't mind."

"You didn't have to, Plus, I can take care of yuna alone. You must be very busy too." I said as an excuse. But he didn't buy it.

"You need to sleep long, too. I'll take care of yuna tonight. All you need to do right now is to jump in with your pjs and sleep." He said.

"I still need to breastfeed her, you know." I tried telling him that to see what he'd say.

"Then breastfeed her now, then sleep."

"She isn't even awake yet." After I said that, we heard yuna cry. She's awake.
I guess I'll have to sleep after breastfeeding her.

He laughed and said, "I told you. Even your daughter agrees with me. She risked her nap time just for you to sleep the whole night later."

"Fine. Eat your dinner at the table. I'll breastfeed her now so you two could bond." I said while going to yuna's crib in the living room."

"Shhh, Hi love, Mommy is here. Are you hungry?" I talked to her even though I know she won't respond she's just an infant after all.

I already knew she's hungry just by her face, so I carried her to the sofa and started breastfeeding her. She'll be active throughout the night because of eating, so I'll wish my good luck to jake in advance.

As I was done breastfeeding her, I let jake burp her. So that I'll know if he actually does know how to burp a child.

Time skip...

I was going to my room when he stopped me.

"What do you want?"

"Can you look for yuna for a bit? I'll just take a shower." He asked.

"Okay. Do you need a towel?"

"No, I have my own"

"Okay" I said, and he gave me yuna and went to the bathroom to shower quickly.

"How do you take a shower fast?" I asked because he just went to shower 7 minutes ago.

"You might be sleepy, so I hurried."

"You didn't have to do that. I can last for a day without sleeping, just so you know."

"Thanks for the info, ig."

"Do you still have any concerns before I sleep?" I asked.

"The room." he said.

"What about it?"

"Can I stay there?" He asked while he played with yuna.

"What do you mean?"

"Can I sleep there later after my shift?"

"Of course you can. I'll be awake at that time."

"Thank you." he said and ended the conversation, so I went to the room and slept.

💗~