Chapter 13

Mal

I entered Jiminy Cricket's office. It looked bigger than I remembered; the large brick fireplace that the villain kids traveled through was in the left corner. Principal Cricket had a large oak desk in the middle of the room with two matching chairs set up. In one chair sat a lady with blonde hair and blue eyes. She wore a long blue dress with long see-through sleeves. Her light blue wings matched the light blue headband she was wearing to pull back her hair. Her light blue eye shadow and black mascara were smudged like she had been crying.

"Your not my mother." I said, "Where is she?"

"Malevolence." Principal Cricket said using my full name.

"What is all this?" I asked.

"Malevolence, we need to show you something." Jiminy Cricket said motioning to the fairy sitting in tears on one of the chairs in front of his desk.

"Ok." I said

"Could you please step into the fire place?" Jiminy asked me.

"What?" I asked

"Walk into the flames please." Jiminy said to me, I looked at the fireplace more closely. Instead of normal yellow flames, the fire was a bright blue. I looked one last time at Jiminy who nodded for me to continue. I closed my eyes and quietly stepped into the flames. A loud rushing sound filled my ears before being replaced by the sound of voices. I opened my eyes to find myself back on the island; I was standing in front of my mother who was having a conversation with the fairy from Jiminy Cricket's office.

"Why did you call me here Maleficent?" The fairy said. My mother and the fairy were standing in the middle of the woods far from the view of the other villains.

"I wanted to tell you a story." My mother started, "Once upon a time in the land of the heroes there lived a fairy. This fairy was known by many heroes and villains alike, one day a law was passed. A law that kept fairies from having children of their own, instead they must serve the children of heroes until those children grow up and have their own children then so on. Now this fairy was known for being the kindest gentlest person ever known. No answer this question for me. How come the most respected fairy in the kingdom broke the old law for her own self desire?" My mother sneered

"I don't know what you're talking about." The fairy said her voice cracking.

"Don't play dumb with me Blue! I know what secret you've been hiding these past few months. I know you have been secretly keeping a child." My mother paused for a moment, "Wait till the council hears about this! You'll be banished just like us on this island. An outcast. You're no better then one of the villains."

"Please don't tell the council!" The fairy begged.

"The Blue Fairy a villain? Is it possible?" My mother ignored the Blue Fairy's helpless pleas.

"Please I'll do anything!" The Blue fairy finally begged dropping to her knees. My mother raised an eyebrow,

"Anything?"

"Anything in my power." The Blue Fairy said gripping onto my mother's black robes.

"I wish to get off this island." My mother said,

"You know that is not in my power."

"I know I tried." My mother said getting an evil look in her eyes she bent down and looked directly into the Blue Fairy's blue eyes.

"I want your baby."

"What?" The Blue fairy looked startled. "People will start asking questions when they see you carrying around a baby."