Chapter 5

*not edited*

Mal

I walked into the sports center already dressed in my purple tennis outfit and white shoes, my hair tied back up in a much neater ponytail. I didn't see a lot of people in the center probably because it was oh let me think...TEN O'CLOCK AT NIGHT! I can't believe Ben wanted to keep this a secret. But I get it if my mom saw me hanging out with him if I wasn't spying on him she would probably kill me. I walked onto the tennis courts and saw Ben putting down his sports bag, like me he was wearing the same thing he wore to tryouts.

"Hey," he said as I walked over.

"Hi," I said taking my racket out of my bag and putting it next to Ben's.

"Ready?" Ben said to me as he walked onto the court.

"Yeah," I said as I served the ball. We played for about an hour and a half. Ben kept acting like a total fool, a really cute fool; he made me laugh a few times. We kept getting deuces but I finally pulled through and beat Ben. He walked up to net and I followed him and we both came face to face at the net.

"Great game," he said

"Thanks," I said looking into his blue eyes. Ben didn't really seem like the monster that I imagined him to be when my mother was describing him to be. We both leaned in but before we could actually kiss I pulled away.

"I um have to go," I said shaking my head.

"Yeah um me too," Ben said as I walked to grab my bag.

"Hey want to do same time next Friday?" Ben asked

"Yeah that would be great, see you at school." I said walking out the door.

Monday

Riley

"Claire!" I yelled I was beside her bed hitting her with one of her pillows.

"Ouch! Riley? Ok, Ok! I'm up." She said getting out of bed. "What time is it?" She asked me

"It's six thirty, school starts at seven." I said walking out of her room. After about fifteen minutes I saw her emerge full dressed and ready to go. I grabbed my book bag and followed her out the door.

"Do we have time for a quick coffee run?" Claire asked still a little groggy

"Yeah, we can't go to the coffee shop though we have to go to the dorm cafeteria." I said looking at my IPhone.

"Fine with me." She said as I pressed the down button on the elevator. We waited for about a minute and hopped in an empty elevator. We finally arrived at the coffee bar to see a crowd of girls and boys gathered around it fighting each other for a cup of coffee.

"Want to skip it? Claire asked me

"Sure, I feel pretty awake anyways." I said as we walked out the door leading to the school Riley and I arrived at the school along with a bunch of other kids. Everyone was crowding the hallways, walking to class, organizing their lockers, and just seeing old friends. I looked at my schedule, I had English first in room 103. I said a quick good-bye to Claire and walked down the long hallway to room 103. The English teacher was Wendy Darling, her daughter Jane worked as the school librarian. I was the first in the class so I got the first pick of desks. I decided to sit where I always sat in every class, front row in exactly the middle desk. The bell rang and the rest of my English classmates filled in taking their seats. Two girls sat next to me one with blonde hair tied back with a black ribbon in a ponytail. The other girl had loose wavy red hair that fell down to her waist. I recognized the girl with the red hair, she was Evanna the daughter if Merida Queen of Dunbrouch. We attended Magic Academy together, however I didn't recognize the blonde girl maybe she was new.