Chapter 3

*not edited*

Carlos

I woke up to a ringing sound. It was my alarm sounding that it was time to get up. I turned off the alarm on my phone and flopped back into my bed. I really didn't want to go to Orientation. But I had to; I had to follow the plan and spy on the daughter of Rapunzel. I quickly got dressed in the school uniform god it was horrid. Blue jacket, white collared shirt, blue and silver tie, tan colored pants and black shoes. I looked at myself in the mirror and gagged. I looked like another member of a royal family. I quickly put on my red biker gloves, loosened my tie, partially un-tucked my shirt and added my spike bracelet for good measure. Now at least I didn't look like some preppy kid. I heard groaning from Davyn's room I saw him emerge from his room in his pajamas.

"Carlos what are you...Why are you dressed like that?" It was my roommate Davyn son of Hans the banished prince of the Southern Isles.

"Orientation, are you an idiot?" I asked

"No, you have to have more respect for a royal though." Davyn said with a sneer smile

"I'm sorry your majesty." I said mockingly "Talk to me when you actually take over a kingdom and have a crown on your head." I said walking out. I hated Davyn he was so full of himself. I walked down the hallway of the Beach House's boy's area. I walked over to the elevators and waited for one to come along with two other guys. One of the guys had brown hair tied in a short ponytail. He also had one of ears pierced and was talking to another guy who looked very annoyed. The annoyed guy had black hair and blue eyes.

"So I signed up to be the other assistant librarian along with Riley." The ponytail guy said

"Cool," The Black haired guy said

"Come on Tobin you have to be jealous. We all know you've had a crush on the Princess of Corona since kindergarten. The ponytail guy obnoxiously said. My ears perked up, so the first place I had to go was the library.

"No I don't, you do, and you totally do. I forgot something, bye Jakob." Tobin said

"Bye," Jakob said. Thankfully the elevator doors opened and I stepped inside and just my luck so did the Jakob guy.

"Who are you?" Jakob asked eyeing my hair. Ok dude I know it's white that's just who I am, I thought.

"Carlos." I answered simply and shortly

"What grade are you in?" Jakob asked this guy was starting to annoy me I was wondering if this Tobin guy actually forgot something.

"Freshman."

"Hey I'm freshman too, maybe we'll be in the same classes." He said checking himself out in the mirror.

"Yeah, cool." I said I little taken back by this 14 year old checking himself in a mirror. The elevator doors slid open and I walked out as quickly as I could.

"Bye." Jakob said. I nodded in response and quickly hurried to the library where I saw a girl with medium-length brown hair entering the library. I took my phone out of my pocket and looked at the photo my mom sent me. It was her all right; I passed the stone lions at the bottom of the concrete steps and tried to act natural as I entered through the glass doors after Riley.

Riley POV

I took a deep breath of morning air before I walked into the doors of the library. Breathing in the icy cold AC, I walked up to the head librarian.

"Hi, I'm Riley I signed up to be one of the assistant librarians for the school year." The head librarian was a small woman with reddish hair with a gray dress and matching heels.