Chapter 4

*not edited*

Mal POV

I quietly kept to myself as I lined up with the other girls for tennis tryouts. I always wanted to play tennis but I wasn’t allowed too because it wasn’t evil enough according to my mother. I bought a racket in the town during orientation week. I didn’t have to go to orientation week the school told me I already had a private guide to help me through the school as well as the other villain kids. The outside of my racket was purple while the inside wire part was white; I gripped onto that thing for dear life fearing that I was going to faint from nervousness. I looked across to the other end of the tennis courts where the boys were lining up. Apparently we were going to share the courts with the boys. A huge glass dome covered the courts making it possible for the players to see the sunlight but also allowing them to play in the rain. Floodlights were placed against the wall so the players could play during the night. I followed the line of girls as we were split into groups of two to play against each other. I was placed with a girl named Maria; she had short black-cropped hair and was wearing a yellow tennis outfit. She looked stunning compared to me in my dark purple shirt and skirt my hair tied back in a messy ponytail. Maria and I were put on the far court closest to the boys. I saw one boy with dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. He wore a blue tennis shirt and blue tennis pants with matching white shoes.  He smiled at me I smiled back and turned away to concentrate on the match I was playing. Maria proved to be a worthy opponent but I won, winning one more game than her. I shook her hand and the coach put me with another girl named Audrey. Audrey and I ended up tying. I was about to move on but the coach held up her hands.

“That’s all I need to see today, the list of girls who made it will be posted on the school news board in the front lobby tomorrow.” She said, I sighed at least I didn’t have to wait too long. I kneeled down to gather my stuff before I went back to my dorm to take a shower. But the boy I smiled at earlier stopped me.

“Hi I’m Ben.” He said sticking out his hand

“Mal,” I said smiling and taking his hand, he helped me up and grabbed my bag for me. I looked around the courts; there was no one in here but us.

“I saw you play tennis your really good, was that your first time?” He asked handing me my bag,

“Yeah,” I said trying to walk away but Ben caught my arm. I gave him a look,

“Sorry,” he said letting go of me “I was wondering if you wanted to play a match later?”

“Yeah sure, when?” I said blandly, I needed the practice.

“How about 10:00 at night? That way no one will see us practicing.” He said nervously grabbing his neck.

“Are you afraid to be seen with me?” I asked him, he turned bright red.

“No, it’s just that your Maleficents daughter and I’m the son of Belle…my coronation is coming up to be king. We’re not really supposed to hang out together.” He stammered

“Wow,” I said walking away

“Wait,” he called after me “I’m sorry that came out wrong. That’s not what I meant to say.”