Chapter 7

*Not Edited*

Claire

It was Friday and a few days until the thanksgiving holidays and Melody was still angry with me, today I tried to talk to her but she just ignored me. It was Friday night and I was swimming laps in the swim teams pool. The lights in the pool were on but moonlight shown in through he glass dome covering the swimming and diving pools. I reached the end of the pool where the locker rooms and entrance to the pool were when someone grabbed my head and pulled off my swimming cap. I popped up as my long red hair spilled out into the water floating around me.

“Xavier?” I said looking up at Xavier holding my blue swim cap in his hands. He was wearing a black tee shirt, black ripped jeans with chains hanging on his belt loop, black combat boots, and a black leather jacket. His blue and black spiky hair was swooped up to one side.

“Claire, did you forget something?” He said holding up a blanket and picnic basket.

“Shoot, I’m so sorry,” I said climbing out of the pool and grabbing my towel. “I’ll go get changed and we can go.”

“Alright, but you look great as always.” He said winking at me. I rolled my eyes and hit him playfully with my towel as I walked towards the girl’s locker room. I arrived at my locker and plugged in my combination. I pulled out my change of clothes and walked into an empty dressing room. I pulled on a dark blue sweater and grey skirt with a black knit scarf. I pulled on some black tall boots and braided my hair down to my shoulder. I couldn’t believe that I forgot about our stargazing project! Today Mr. Jumba assigned us a special project for the weekend. Apparently there was going to be some shooting stars tonight and all of the freshman classes had to watch the sky and write a paragraph about what they saw. But Xavier deiced to turn it into a little date, he was going to pack a picnic dinner and we were going to eat under the stars.

I shoved my silver and blue bathing suit in my locker, grabbed my cell phone and walked out the door to the pool area where I saw Xavier sitting on the bleachers hunched over a notepad writing vigorously. I walked over to him,

“Ready to go?” I asked him. He looked up and quickly shoved his notepad in his back pocket.

“Yeah let’s go,” he said. He put his arm around me and we walked together towards the woods near the ends of the school boundaries. When we got to the woods we laid our blanket on the banks of the Magic River. The river ran through the woods all the way to Belle and Beast’s castle. Xavier laid down the blanket and sat down. He patted the area next to him and I sat down and leaned against him. We curled up together and waited for the show to start.

“When is it supposed to start?” I asked him after about three minutes of silence.

“I’m not sure,” he said “But I brought sandwiches and snacks!” He reached for the basket behind him and pulled out two roast beef sandwiches and two bottles of water.

“What did you bring?” I asked him

“Two sandwiches, celery sticks, carrots, popcorn, and four bottles of water.” He said opening his water. I opened mine and took a big chug of water.  Waiting for the sky to light up, I looked up at the sky before blacking out.