Chapter 17

*Not Edited*

Mal

I was alone in my room staring at the ceiling when I heard a knock at my door.

"Hey Mal it's me." I turned my head to see Evie at my door.

"Hey Evie." I said turning my head back towards the ceiling.

"Your mom wants you downstairs." Evie said with an evil glint in her eye.

"Alright." I said getting up. Evie stopped me before I headed down the stairs.

"Does she know?" Evie touched my hair.

"No." I responded as I descended the stairs. I saw my mother standing in front of the fireplace alone.

"Mother." I greeted her,

"Mal, congratulations on..." My mother turned and the look on her face said everything.

"No! This can't be true!" My mother grabbed my hair and pulled me towards the firelight for a better look.

"Blonde!" She shrieked throwing me to the ground. I landed on my living room floor hard.

"I don't know how it happened!" I tried to explain.

"Enough!" My mother declared with a wave of her hand.

"I know how to fix this." She raised her hand,

"Wait mother." I tried to say

"Stay still Mal."

"Wait!" Burning, that's all I felt. I screamed rolling around the floor clutching my hair.

"Please make it stop! It burns." I stumbled over to a looking glass that was on a nearby table. I grabbed it and looked at my reflection. Slowly before my eyes my blonde hair started turning back to purple from the roots. I held the ends of my hair as the last of my natural hair color disappeared. The burning stopped and I lay on the floor out of breath.

"Mal?" I looked up to see Evie, Jay and Carlos looking down at me.

Carlos looked horrified but Evie and Jay looked excited.

"Welcome back Mal. I missed your purple hair." Jay helped me up,

"What happened Mal? You look like you lost the worst battle of your life." Carlos whispered in my ear.

"Now what evil thing are you kids going to do today?" My mother said checking her manicure. Not even bothering to look at us.

"Well Jay and I thought we could go downstairs and torment the hero kids." Evie said flashing an evil smile.

"Excellent, have fun." Evie, Carlos and Jay opened the door next to the kitchen. The door that lead to the catacombs underneath my house.

"And Mal," I turned back to my mother.

"Stay evil."

Riley

I had never been so cold before. I huddled against Ben who in turn was huddled against me.

"Well, well, well." I looked up to see Evie tracing her long finger nails along the iron bars.

"Look who's trapped now." Evie flashed an evil smile,

"Why are you keeping us here?" I asked.

"That's for us to know and you to find out." Jay said emerging from the shadows.

"What do you want?" Ben asked annoyed.

"We wanted to say hello pretty boy." Jay said,

"All of us." Evie waved her hand towards the shadows. Another figure stepped out into the light.

"Mal?" Ben tried to stand up. Mal didn't answer but continued looking down at her feet.

"Mal what happened? Why is your hair purple?" Ben wouldn't stop talking. Mal kept ignoring him.

"Mal look at me. Look at me!" Ben shook his chains.

"Look at the time, we better be heading up." Evie did a little hair toss before disappearing back into the shadows followed by Jay and a clearly defeated Mal.

"Mal!" Ben yelled after her.

"Give it up Ben she's clearly one of them." Azizi said

"No she's not one of them." Ben said not giving up hope,

"Yes she is!"

"No she's not! You don't know what I know." Ben put his head between his knees.

"Riley." Everyone in the cell looked up to see Carlos holding three blankets.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"To give you these." Carlos threw the blankets into the cell, Ben and Azizi scrambled to get them. I slowly put mine around my shoulders.

"Thanks." I said

"Riley I want to tell you that I know this looks bad on my part but." I cut him off,

"Carlos I know this is not your fault."

"Really?" He said

"Yeah, you didn't stab me with a needle or hit me over the head. So we're good." I gave him a small smile.

"Good," He said. Carlos looked behind him before continuing.

"Riley listen to me, I'm going to try and get you out of here. All of you, I just need to find an escape route."

"What about the portal?" I asked

"Maleficent shut it down."

"Shoot. Is there any other way out of here?" Carlos shushed me before continuing.

"I'll find a way, don't worry I'll rescue all the heroes that are here on the island."

"You promise?" I said

"I promise."

A/N: Sorry if it feels a little rushed I'll fix it soon I promise : )

I <3 you all!

Belle