Chapter 6

*not edited*

Carlos

I really need to stop sweating. I was standing at Riley's dorm door, I was wearing a red and black button down shirt and tan kackies. I knocked on the door and it opened.  One look at her took my breath away she was wearing a purple and yellow flowered sundress and black sandals. Her hair was tied into a long ponytail that went over her shoulders.

"Hi," I said my voice cracking.

"Hey, do you need some water?" she asked me

"No, no" I replied

"Ready to go?" she asked

  "Yeah let's go." I said. We walked down to the elevators in awkward silence.

"So how are your classes?" I asked her.

"Good, how did lacrosse go?"

"Fine, I made the freshman team." I said

"Cool," she said. Then we went back into awkward silence. We walked into the Beach House lobby and up to the restaurant hostess.

"Hi dinner for two."

"Sorry we're full it's probably going to be an hour wait." The lady said to me.

"Want to wait?" I asked Riley. She shook her head.

"Maybe we can get something to eat somewhere else." She said

"Good Idea." We walked outside into the warm summer night air. Riley and I ended up walking around the cal-de-sac connecting the school and dormitories till 11:00 it was fun until Riley grabbed me and shoved me and herself into a nearby bush.

"Ow what the heck?" I said rubbing my head.

"Shh!" She said putting her pointer finger on her lips. She was peering over the bush and watching a group of people walk by towards the Swan and Dolphin House.

"Who are they?" I asked her

"Shh! Those are the heroes the school board. If they found out you and I were on a date they would kill me and you." She whispered

"Why?" I whispered back

"Because you're a villain and stuff..." her voice trailed off "I'm sorry that came out wrong." She said

"It's alright, I certainly don't want to be killed." I said with a little laugh. "We can just sit here, I like this bush."  Riley curled up next to me it was nice and quiet until my phone rang at 11:30.

"What the...hold on" I said to Riley as I pulled out my phone.