Chapter 14

*Not Edited*

Riley

"Claire help me with this book." Claire, Ben and I were in the library trying to figure out the reason behind Mal's hair change.

"Are you sure this book will have the answers?" Ben asked his leg shaking the whole table.

"Relax your majesty Riley and I basically live here there is no book we don't know." Claire teased Ben. Claire blew off the thin layer of dust that settled on the leather cover.

"Alright." I said flipping through the pages.

"What kind of book is this?" Ben asked me leaning over the table.

"It's a book about the magical properties that are present at this school." I told him, I stopped flipping. I found the page I needed.

"Here it is!" I slammed my hand down on the book. Ben read the page out loud.

"The Enchanted River located inside the boundaries of Enchanted Academy was created by the Fairy Godmother making a natural boundary between the school and the outside world. What does this have to do with Mal's hair?" Ben complained to me. I continued reading,

"The water that creates the river is made out of pure good magic and can never dry out no matter what kind of weather or what kind of spell." I finished

"So do you know what this means?" Claire said to the both of us.

"I have no clue what Riley just said. Ben replied.

"I means that the river washes away dark magic so Mal's hair must have had dark magic inside of it." Claire concluded.

"That would explain the purple hair." I said,

"We have to find Mal." Ben said standing up and hurrying out of the library. I turned back around to Claire who was gripping the side of the table.

"You ok?" I asked her. A couple of months ago Claire had to be hospitalized because she kept fainting in class. The hospital couldn't find anything wrong with her so they sent her back to school and since then Claire had not yet fainted.

"I'm fine." She said shaking her head.

"What did you do today?" I asked her concerned for her health.

"I just hung out with Xavier. Ok I'm fine let's go." I followed Claire out of the library.

Mal

Jay led Evie and I into the school near the magical department classrooms. As we turned the corner I saw all the villain kids crowded around locker number 13. Davyn was on his knees fixing what looked like a doorframe. I elbowed my way through the small crowd.

"What is this?" I asked

"It's a portal that could transport us back to the island." Carlos said looking nervous.

"We just need your magic to see if we can get it started." Jay told me,

"What the heck happened to your hair?" Xavier asked me, all the kids turned to look at me. I stuttered trying to find the right words when Evie cut in.

"Who cares?"

"Mal magic now!" Davyn demanded standing up. I took a deep breath using my hands I shot a green beam of light right into the locker thinking the word: "home".

A flash of purple light illuminated the hallway everyone covered their eyes but re-opened them when the light settled revealing a glowing light purple portal. I took one step towards the locker.

"What is this!" I stumbled backwards with the other kids when a dragonhead came through the portal.

"Mother?" I asked. The dragon growled showing its teeth.

"Why is there a giant purple portal in my living room!" I paused my mother's dragon form was way scarier than her normal human form.

"Oops." Davyn said from his position against the lockers.

"Mom we want to come home! We can't do this anymore" I cried out.

"Well I want to take over the kingdom. You will not be welcomed back until I have my revenge!" She hissed.

"We'll do it tonight." Evie stepped in. My mother looked at Evie confused.

"Kidnap the kids, be prepared you'll have them by tonight." Evie looked at the rest of us.

"Understood. You're a smart evil queen." My mother disappeared into the portal. Evie looked smug. Davyn closed the locker with the portal still running.

"Listen up guys the portal will only stay open for another hour." Davyn told us.

"Evie is the sleeping potion ready? Did you fix it?" Xavier asked. Evie nodded. It's all set. I've got some in my locker. Those who have assignments follow me!"

I followed Evie: the new leader of this operation. Up to the third floor where she opened her locker to reveal a small potions lab where she pulled out four tiny needles full of pink liquid.

"You're sure these work? I've used so many of your tests on Claire I swear she's a walking sleeping potion." Xavier said playing with the needle in his hand.

"Based on your findings I've been tweaking the potion all year. This is the final product." Evie said

"So how are we supposed to do this?" Carlos asked.

"Just put the pointy end in the person's arm Carlos." Evie rolled her eyes.

"Let's do this." Xavier said taking off down the hallway.

Hello all! So Claire going to the hospital is going to be in the new re-written version but what happened was Claire fainted and couldn't get up so she was sent to the hospital. Please comment what you think! I'm sorry if this is rushed :/

Please Comment, Vote, and Follow!

I <3 you all!!!!!!

Belle