Chapter 15

Mal

Was I really going to do this? Was I really going to drag Ben to possibly his death? I was stalling by waiting in the girl's bathroom looking at myself in the mirror. My hair was tangled and in the moonlight my hair almost looked purple again. I slammed my hands against the stall doors. The thoughts in my head were fighting back and forth.

"You don't have to do this Mal. You can change things. You're the daughter of the Blue Fairy. There is good inside of you!" The shred of goodness I had left inside me said

"Don't listen Mal, what Jiminy Cricket showed you was a lie. You're the daughter of Maleficent. There is evil inside of you. You can finally please your mother and get off the island." The other voice,

"Shut up!" I screamed to myself in the empty bathroom.

"Don't do it Mal. What about Ben?" The good side said.

"What about Ben?" I questioned myself.

"Who cares about Ben?" The evil side said.

"He cares for you and you care for him." The good side tried to convince me.

"Get out of my head!" I screamed using my magic I exploded a sink to get out my anger. When the dust cleared I saw Carlos standing in the doorway looking at me in surprise.

"Hey Carlos...How long have you been standing there?" I stammered wiping tears off of my cheeks.

"Long enough to realize you're having a fight with yourself." Carlos said

"Sorry,"

"It's alright," He said "Are you ok?"

"Yes, no, I don't know." I said putting my head in my hands. Carlos walked over to me. He took my hands off my face.

"I'm dealing with the same thing." He said letting me go.

"What?"

"I don't think I'm going to be able to put Riley through that." He said,

"Is it really that horrible?" I asked pulling the needle out of my pocket

"Have you seen Claire? Xavier put so much sleeping potion in her she's on the brink of fainting every five seconds." Carlos said

"But we're only putting it in them once right?" I asked,

"Depends on what our parents are going to do to them." Carlos's last line stuck with me.

"We should go." I said to Carlos, he nodded. As we emerged from the bathroom I heard I voice call my name. I turned to see Ben running towards me.

"Hey," I said.

"Carlos." Ben greeted him. Carlos asked where Riley was. I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation due to me only hearing my heart beating in my ears.

"Do it Mal!"

"Don't do it!"

"Do it!"

"Don't!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Mal." I looked at Ben. Carlos I saw had already left. Come on I need to show you something." Ben took my arm and turned around.

"Do it!" Without thinking I took out the needle and stabbed it in Ben's arm. Ben stumbled and fell to the ground. His eyes zoned out before fluttering closed.

"Good you actually did it." I turned to see Jay standing behind me with a coil of rope.

"Yeah I did." I said wiping off tears for the second time. Jay bent down and tied Ben's limp hands behind his back.