Chapter 1

March 11th, 2022

"When are you leaving for Bahrain?" Ellie asked Lewis Hamilton who was sitting beside her in the booth they were sitting in, in a New York club.

"Tuesday. Are you going?" He said calmly, he knew the girl usually didn't like talking about F1, or attending races.

"Dad wants me and Declan there, since it's George's first season. I was planning on going to England to visit mom first, and see how I feel from there." She said taking a sip of her drink. She loved her dad, but F1 wasn't her favorite thing. Her dad was the team principal for Mercedes, so she had to make an appearance every once in a while, plus her and George were childhood friends, so she wanted to support him.

"I presume Emma and Anna wouldn't mind either." He said laughing. They were two of her best friends. All of them grew up in that environment, and made a connection over it, no matter where they ended up in the world.

"I guess so. I just, I haven't told dad yet." She said sighing

"You haven't told him what?" Lewis asked the young girl with a puzzled look. She gave him a look, and suddenly it clicked. "You haven't told him about you and Sebastian?" She shook her head.

"Eléa, come on, it's been months. Have you at least told Dec and your mom?"

"Of course, I told them almost right away." She took a second to breath before continuing. "But how do I tell him he was right? That all that time convincing him to like Sebastian, to support our relationship, was a waste? I mean we fought for MONTHS about it, for it just to blow up in my face as soon as he was okey with it. You know my dad, there is no way he will let me live this down."

Lewis could see the internal struggle she was having. They had become close since he joined Mercedes, and even more when they both moved to New York.

"Come on" he said while getting up from his seat, and putting his hands out for the girl in front of him.

"What are we doing?" She said not quite trusting what he was doing

"We're dancing, come on." And with that she took his hand, a big smile on her face. He always knew when to push and when to get her mind of it. And she loved him for it. Out of all her years going to F1 races, and events, she usually didn't take interest in the drivers she didn't know beforehand, and she would forever be grateful for Lewis, for the connection they made.

They spent the night dancing, laughing and enjoying themselves with their friends.

—————————————————————
March 12th, 2022

Waking up the day after was a little hard, she could feel her hangover coming slowly. She decided to try and beat it, going for a run, sweating it out. She loved New York, and running around the city was just what she needed. The run cleared her head, and after last night's conversation with Lewis she knew she needed to talk to her dad about her breakup. She just wasn't sure if she wanted to do it over the phone or at the first race of the season.

Running up to her building she could see her brother standing there. Before she could even wrap her mind around it, she threw herself at him.

"What in the world are you doing here?!" She screamed into his ear.

"Hello to you too." He said laughing, embracing her. They both continued saying hi and catching up walking up to her apartment. She didn't know he was coming, but her brother was her favorite person, so whatever brought him there, she was glad about.

"So to what do I owe the pleasure of THE Declan Wolff showing up at my door, halfway across the world." She said going into the kitchen fetching water bottles for them both.