Chapter 7

April 24th, 2022

Ellie was giggeling all the way in to the club. She felt euphoric after the evening she and Charles had. Every touch, every smile, everything had been perfect, and suddenly all the worry from before was gone. They had walked from the hotel to the club and there wasnt a moment where he didn't touch her, either his arm over her shoulder, an arm around her waist, holding her hand, and she loved it. He had begged her to just skip the club and stay in the hotel room, but she was adamant that they needed to go, especially since all his friends were there.

Walking in to the club he took her hand and led her towards where they could see the others. She quickly saw Emma and Anna and made her way towards them, but before she could walk away Charles spun her back towards him.

"I'll go see my friends, save me a dance?" He asked with a smirk. She nodded with a huge grin. He squeezed her hand before watching her walk towards her friends and walking towards his own. As Ellie was approaching the girls she could see them with sympathetic smiles.

"Hey" she said a little confused as to why they were not more excited to see her.

"Hey" they both replied. "I don't know if he told you, but his ex is here." Emma continued after a few seconds of silence. Ellie could feel her heart dropping a little, why hadn't he told her?

"Okey" Ellie just replied taking a seat opposite them, wanting to seem unbothered.

"He told you?" Anna asked, which Ellie just shook her head, not wanting her voice to give away her disappointment. She couldn't figure out why he hadn't told her, she didn't want to jump to conclusions. But surely his ex being there this weekend and her being at the club they were going to just a few hours after they slept together is worth mentioning.

"Don't let it spoil your night, talk to him tomorrow." Emma said, catching on that Ellie didn't want to talk about it.

"Hey, I saw you coming and got you a drink, figured you needed it after seeing who's here." Lewis said sitting beside her.

"Seriously, did everyone expect me know?" She just sighed.

"We didn't" Emma said gesturing to her and Anna.

"He's been pretty open about it to the guys, but has been clear their still friends." Lewis said. "Don't worry to much about it love"

She couldn't do much more than worry, what had she gotten herself into? She knew he didn't want anything serious, but she didn't feel like it was unreasonable to ask for a heads up.

"Incoming" Anna said with a low voice. Her eyes trained behind Ellie. Ellie turned around and saw Isa, Carlos's girlfriend approaching with a brunette she didn't know. She said hello to everyone around the table and it seemed as though the brunette knew everyone as well.

"This is Charlotte" Isa said introducing her friend to Ellie. Of course she thought.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you" Ellie said smiling uncomfortably at Charlotte.

"So nice to finally meet you too, I've heard a lot about you!" Charlotte said with a thick french accent and a genuine smile. "I'm guessing someone already told you that I'm Charles ex since you look like you've just seen a ghost?" She continued with a laugh.

"Basically" Ellie just said laughing with her, not sure what to say. 

"Don't worry about it. I think we're gonna get along just fine, why don't we get rid of the tension with a shot?" she said, and Ellie just wondered what Charlotte knew, and how she knew. Charles wouldn't be telling his ex about someone he doesn't want anything serious with, would he?