Chapter 28

A/N: get ready for the beginning of heartbreak
———————————————-

11th November 2022

Ellie arrived at the track in Brazil, head to wrapped up with the information she received the day before. She couldn't tell anyone how she even got here, her legs working on automation at this point.

She felt numb, like this surreal situation she was finding herself in was something she was witnessing from the outside. There was no way this was happening to her right?

She hadn't told anyone yet, she didn't know who to tell first, and no idea even how to.

Suddenly she found herself outside of Ferrari calling Charles, she didn't even figure out what she was doing until he answered.

"Hello mon amour, are you here yet?" She heard the driver ask on the other side of the phone, excitement radiating in his voice.

"Yeah, 'em, do you have a second to come outside the motor home and talk?" She asked, trying to keep her composure.

"Not really, the group just arrived and were just going to eat, join us and then well talk after free practice. Okey baby?" He asked, trying to get her to go along with spending time with his friends.

Ellie felt her heart just crushing, she couldn't blame him, they had agreed this weekend would be all about his friends so that she could finally get to know them a little, as some of his friends had created some tension up til now.  "Eh, I'm still not feeling all that well actually, so I'll go see dad and then we can meet up afterward? I really need to talk to you."

"Oh, yeah, okey sure." He said, not trying to hide his disappointment at all. "I'll call you after" he said as he hung up before she could answer.

Ellie just stood there outside feeling herself almost breaking. She took a second to breath before turning around and walking away. As she turned around the sight she saw made her confused.

"Hey Ellie" Marta, one of Charles friends said as she was coming towards her with what Ellie could make was the rest of his friends, except of course one.

"Hey guys" she answered hugging Marta, the only one except Joris she actually knew well.

"Where are you going? You want to join us in finding Charles?" Ricardo asked, now standing besides Marta, his girlfriend.

"Apparently your all going to lunch already. But I'm not feeling all that well, so I figured I would go find my dad, and then meet up with you guys later instead." She answered trying to keep her calm, and make a quick exit.

"Nonsense, come with us, we'll keep an eye on you." Joris said putting his arm around her, trying to comfort her. He knew she had been feeling unwell for a few weeks now. And on top of that he caught on to the fact that Charles had just lied to her about going to eat with his friend, while it was evident that only one of them was in his presence.

"I'm calling him now" Ricardo said turning around walking towards the hospital where they usually eat.

Ellie hesitantly followed the group, walking a little behind with Marta.

"Charlotte gave me a heads up that you and Charles have had some disagreements regarding Alexandra already. So I'm guessing your thinking he's lied about being alone with her now?"

Ellie just nodded. It wasn't that Ellie thought Charles had something with Alexandra, it was more so that it was clear as day how Alexandra felt about him.

"Yeah, no it's fine. Like I said, I'm just not feeling all that well." She said trying to give Marta a reassuring smile.

"You say the word and we can go somewhere, okey? You know Charles is crazy about you, and to be honest, a little dense on these things." Marta said putting her arm around Ellies left hand as they were walking up to the group who had now found Charles, eating alone with non other than Alexandra.