Chapter one: A dragon master and a burglar

A/N: I have the first five chapters of this written and I will post as regularly as I can but I now work seven days a week so we'll see how that goes. This story takes place between chapters one and two of the Sins of the Father A Legolas love story. Chapter one of the Sins of the Father A Legolas love story gives some background information on Allie, including her birth name. That story is currently under heavy editing to line up with this one so I will not post on it until I have this one finished. Okay enough of my chatter, enjoy!

A/N: 6/17/18 I'm posting the first chapter of the Sins of the father Lord of the Rings as a prologue to this story. I'm working on changing some things in that story. Hope you enjoy.

Prologue

I was at a river with my big black horse that had some white mane, tail and white stockings on his hind and front legs, Evenstar. My horse and I had come for a drink. The river was loud and rushing downhill, and crystal clear. The roar filled my ears as I knelt down on the ground to get a drink and wash my face. My horse placed his head low to the ground next to me to get a drink. I patted his neck and whispered, "Good job my friend."

I had to use my mind because I had long since forgotten the spoken word. The forest around us was varying shades of green and brown, with a few other colors mixed in here and there. Winter was ending, the chill in the air hinted that winter was not quite over, while the other colors in the valley indicated spring was just around the bend. My family, a wolf pack was there with me. We had a successful hunt the night before. For nearly 5,000 years I have lived with this pack and its descendants. The pack had numbered about 30, but now it numbered 15. The hard winter that had just ending had claimed five, another five died while hunting; the last five were killed when they tried to hunt a farmer's livestock.

I was going to go to Rivendell. Now that Lord Elrond was in charge I could come in, my mother had been married to him, but he wasn't my father. My father was not exactly going to win the best father of the year award. He was also the reason that I could invade people's minds. I climbed back onto my horse after a nice long drink. As I rode I remembered one of my journeys to Rivendell that occurred not so long ago. A few years ago I had helped an elf maiden with her infant son across the river into the realm of Rivendell. She died a few years later. Her son was left in the care of the elves and I would come to see him every few months. His name was Aragorn. During that time I had taken up residence in the woods in Rivendell's borders with my pack so that I could visit often.

On this day that I was crossing the river, it was his 15th birthday. Elrond had asked me to teach him how to fight, and to come home. I had replied, "I will come to teach him, but my home is in the wild with the wolves that raised me My Lord Elrond." I had been on my own since I was a small child just barely older than 10. I was old enough to take care of myself, but finding food and shelter at that age had been hard. I was lucky enough to find a wolf pack that would take me in. I now had access to food and warmth every night.

I was a few hours away from Rivendell when I heard the scream of the Ring Wraiths. "Noro lim Evenstar." He took off like a bat out of hell. We made it there in an hour. Once across the river, I slowed my horse down to a trot and we rode into the City. Once across the river, I would be safe, leaving the dark forests behind me. Elrond was sitting in an outside dining hall with a book in his hands and food in front of him. The dining hall looked as though it had been carved out of the mountain itself. Such beautiful stone and craftsmanship, it was incredible. "My Lord Elrond," I said using my mind bowing my head seeing how I was still on my horse.

"Alatea Aisha Aditi," he replied standing up.

I got off my horse, "Allie will be fine my Lord." Why I had chosen Allie for a nickname I was not sure, it was just easy I guess. He bowed his head in consent. "Aragorn here?"