Chapter 6: The Goblin Tunnels

A/N: Allie's daggers are above

Chapter six: The Goblin Tunnels

Thorin's POV

As the sky started to lighten slightly I woke the other dwarves and the hobbit. We needed to leave before the sun rose again according to Allie. And I couldn't agree more, we had been here long enough. It didn't take long for all of us to pack and head for the ridge that we came in on. By the time we reached the edge of the city, the sky was white with the light of the early morning sun. "Be on your guard. We're about to step over the Edge of the Wild. Balin, you know these paths. Lead on," I said standing aside so that Balin could continue to lead. That's when I noticed the hobbit was looking at Rivendell like he was going to miss it.

"Aye," Balin replied.

"Master Baggins......I suggest you keep up," I called to him before falling back into line next to my nephews.

Allie's POV

I had run back to my chambers after slipping out. I threw some extra clothes and food into my pack. I quickly put on my traveling cloak and my weapons. I threw my pack on my back and ran back to the Council meeting room. Galadriel wanted to talk to me again. As I drew closer to the meeting room I could hear Galadriel. "You will follow them. As will Allie."

"Yes," Gandalf replied.

"You are right to help Thorin Oakenshield. But I fear this quest has set in motion......forces we do not yet understand. The riddle of the Morgul Blade must be answered. Something moves in the shadows unseen, hidden from our sight. It will not show itself. Not yet. But every day it grows in strength. You must be careful." As I slid into the room I saw Gandalf turn to leave. "Mithrandir?" Galadriel called halting Gandalf in his steps. "Why the Halfling?"

"I do not know. Saruman believes that it is only great power......that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found it is the small things... ...everyday deeds of ordinary folk......that keeps the darkness at bay. Simple acts of kindness and love. Why Bilbo Baggins? Perhaps it is because I'm afraid......and he gives me courage." Galadriel had stepped in front of him and took his hands in hers.

"Do not be afraid, Mithrandir. You are not alone." She then turned to me, "Be careful granddaughter. Danger is ahead of you and loss of friends, but you can save them. Use your power and dragons. When the time comes, share your heart with the dwarf king. Share a dragon's heart with Fili and restrain Kili so he does not meet the same fate."

I nodded, "Thank you Grandmother."

"Hurry to catch your friends, before they get into trouble. I fear they will not wait for you as promised." I nodded and called one of my dragons to me. She was pure white and small compared to Smaug but she was the largest dragon I controlled, and my big sister. Lakeisha. When she arrived I jumped on her back.

"Help me find my friends, head for the mountains," I said in her tongue. She took off and before I knew it I had found the dwarves. I flew over them once, just to play with them. The sun glinted off of Lakeisha's scales, making her look like snow in the sun. The dwarves froze as the dragon made a second pass. On the second pass, I jumped down the roughly hundred feet to the ground and landed beside Thorin. "That was you?" Thorin asked.

"Dragon Master, remember?" I asked. "Let's get moving, there's a storm coming and we won't be able to continue until it passes. I suggest we find a safe place for the night, and possibly start a fire before the wood is wet."

"We can't stop moving, we have to get to the," Thorin started.

"Get to the mountain before Durin's day, yes I know Thorin and I can promise that I will get you there in time. The storm that's coming is too dangerous to move through the territory of the Stone giants." We continued on the mountain pass. I had told Thorin that it would be best to wait until tomorrow after the storm had cleared.