Really Small Problems

*~{Ember}~*

*~{Ember}~*

I yawned as I sat at the kitchen table, Eda was fixing something on the stove while Judah sat next to me, and Luz was talking to her friends on the crystal ball.

I poured in the right ingredients for my abomination homework into a small cauldron. "Do you think this will work?" I asked Judah who shrugged.

I took in a breath. "Abomination, rise." I said. The pot bubbled for a minute before a small abomination rose from it.

"Yes!" I said happily. "Not bad, kid." Judah complained ruffling my hair. "Abomination, cower." I said and it sunk back down.

I clapped before looked over to Luz. "Hey, Ember could you go get the mail with Hooty? I have a package coming in that I don't want slobber all over." Judah said.

I nodded and walked out. "Come on Hooty, can you help me get the mail?" I asked. "Can I?!" Hooty exclaimed.

He picked me up and went over to the mail box which was farther from the house. Three boxes sat next to it, I picked up one that was addressed to Judah.

Before I could grab the last, Hooty swallowed it up along with the letters. "Hooty." I sighed. "Away fair maiden! Back to the castle if Gahoot!" Hooty said before picking me up again and slinking back to the house.

I lightly laughed. We walked into the kitchen. "Hey! Guess what's in my mouth that I'm about to throw up!" Hooty said.

"Hooty." I said again as he began hacking up the mail and package he swallowed. Everyone looked at him in disgust except me. "The mail!"

I brought Judahs package over to him and he opened it up. "Heard you were taking bard classes at school." He picked up a fiddle and showed it to me which I gasped at.

" He picked up a fiddle and showed it to me which I gasped at

I took it and smiled before staring at my pot of purple goop. Suddenly Luz's crystal ball went off telling us it was eight am.

"But what about the thumb?!" I heard Gus say as Luz turned it off. King sighed sadly. "Hey, don't worry. We'll finish our comedy hour when I get home ." Luz said and kissed King's skull.