Young Blood, Old Souls

*~{Ember}~*

*~{Ember}~*

It's been what a few days? Wait no, it's only been one. Time seems to go so slow in jail. I don't know why but I've been asked many questions regarding what I know about why I 'ran away.'

Why wouldn't I run away? It's not like I'm trying to be caught. Suddenly my gate was opened and there stood the Golden Guard along with two other guards.

"It's time for you to remember your purpose." He said.

'Purpose?'

*~{Lilith}~*

I tried to restrain Eda as she ran about the throne room. "Eda! Stop that this instant!" I demanded. She tore off a banner of Belos and started chewing on it when I drew a circle and trapped her in a bubble.

"Don't look at me like that. This is for your own good." I fixed a strand back into my hair. "Once we find Judah, Emperor Belos will heal you both and we'll all be in his coven together. Isn't that wonderful?" I tried to reason.

She stuck her tongue out at me, taunting me! "I will not fall prey to your childish games." I said before I pulled a face.

The door opened and regained myself, kneeling. "All kneel before Emperor Belos!" Kikimora announced. Belos entered with his eyes glowing blue.

Eda snarled before breaking free. "Eda, no!" I called. Belos phased away and appeared behind her and threw her into a wall and tied her down.

"My lord, I apologize for my sister's rash behavior. She is still in her cursed form, once we find Judah, and healed them as promised, I'm sure they will become useful assets to the coven." I tried.

Belos pulled out his staff and from the eye glowed red and zapped Eda in the head. Eda's eyes turned normal and she looked around.

"Ugh, where am I? What is this? Aw farts. I got caught." Eda said. "Edalyn Clawthorne. The infamous Owl Lady, the wild witch of Bonesborough, mentor of Luz the human."

"You stay away from her and Ember or so help me, titan." Eda said. "No, you've got it all wrong. The human is safe. For now, I just want the portal she came through." Belos asked.

"Tough, cause I ain't telling you nothing." Eda said. "Pity. But I suppose I could ask Judah when we find him, or... I could ask the human herself." Belos said and snapped his fingers.

A few guards came over and dragged my sister away. "Wait! Don't touch them, Lilith, don't let them hurt them! Lilith!" "Ah, taking her to the healing ceremony?" I questioned.