A Lying Witch And A Warden

*~{Ember}~*

*~{Ember}~*

I watched as the final bell finally rang signaling for everyone to go home for summer. Teenagers plowed through the hallways trying to get out and home to do whatever with their life.

My foster Mom, Camila Noceda, was waiting for me with her daughter Luz. "EMBERRRRR!" Luz called, her voice muffled by the car windows.

I failed to hold in a laugh at the Hispanic girl. She was waving her arms around frantically while in the backseat.

I got in the front seat and buckled my seat belt before- "Sneak attack!" She said and wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Ah! Camila! Your daughter is attacking me with love!" I said laughing. "Face my nerdy noodle arms!" She said laughing.

"Luz. Don't you have something to tell Ember?" Camila said. Luz sat back in her seat with a sad face. "Im uh... going to Summer Camp. Yayyy..." she dragged out.

She handed me the pamphlet. It had the words 'Think inside the box!' With a kid who was smiling showing a thumbs up inside a cramped box.

I looked at it in confusion. "Luz? What happened?" I asked. "She brought snakes to school for her book report" Camila said.

I looked back at the girl sadly. "Ember, I would like you to go too." She said. "What?!" I panicked. "With Luz gone I'll still have to go to work and there will be no one to watch you." She said.

"O-Ok." I said. I didn't want to go but if I refused I would have to go back to the orphanage. And I definitely didn't want to go back...

The next day Luz and I were standing outside the house waiting for the bus. I had just walked out with my bag when Camila left for work. It was pretty cool as my foster mom is a vet. She gets to help animals all day.

As soon as she left Luz ran over to the recycling bin. "Wha- Where is it?!" She said. "What?" We heard a hoot and over by the bin was a small owl holding a bag with Luz's Good Witch Azura book.

"Tiny trash thief!" Luz gasped and ran after it. "Luz wait!" I called and ran after her. We followed the owl to the old house in the woods.

Yes, I knew about this place. I would come here to get away and relax from time to time. I watched as the owl ran inside the house.

Luz thought for a second before running in with me right on her tail. When we got inside it didn't look like the decrepit house and more like a storage room.

'What? The house was empty before.' I thought. "Stop adorably hopping away you-" Luz said before looking at the room.

"Woah. I thought I had a lot of weird stuff, but this. This is impressive." She said picking up a hanger with a doll on it.

It had a baby head and a alligator body with one arm as a fork. "This doesn't look like the house." I said. "Huh?" Luz commented before-

"Finally! You're back!" A females voice said. We both ducked down in panic. "Stay here."  I said and went to look out of the curtain flap to notice we were actually in a tent.