Covention

~*{Ember}*~

~*{Ember}*~

I sat at the table of the stand counting over the money that was still in the register. But there was a problem...

No one was here! Not even a single stand! "Please stop reading that!" Eda told Luz who was reading her Azura book. "It's flowery language is and insult to witches and driving away all our serious customers!"

"Um Eda... what customers? There aren't even any other stands." Luz said as I nodded. "This is a bad omen... there must be something horrible happening today." Eda said darkly.

"Luz! Something amazing is happening today!" Her friends Gus and Willow came up. "Gus, Willow, hey!"

"It's the annual covention! Student witches get to see all the coven types before they're placed in one!" Willow said. "There's even a mystery guest this year!"

Luz gasped. "A job fair for witches! Eda, Judah, can we go?!" "Absolutely not." Eda said and Luz whined. "We never joined a coven for a reason. Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you're also giving up your magical independence to be apart of a crooked system." Eda said.

"But eh. No judgment." Judah said shrugging. "In any case, we haven't been since the three of us were kids." Judah said.

"Three of us? You two have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go!" Luz said. "No." Eda said sternly. "Okay. Then you leave me no choice." Luz said smugly.

"You shall not shant doith, no more harm. Azura callethed out." King read from Luz's book. "So flowery, so awful." Eda said.

Judah took a pair of earmuffs from a box and put them on while Eda unfolded the portal door and walked in.

But as it closed, Luz threw King in with her. She immediately came back out. "Stop it stop it! I will literally do anything to stop this!" Eda said and Luz smiled.

*~[Covention Hall]~*

"Ugh." Eda and Judah groaned. Before we went in Judah pulled up his hood on his hoodie he used for disguises.

Meanwhile Eda was struggling with hers. "Gotta keep a low, profile..." she strained while Luz tried to help her tuck in her thick head of hair.

"Are these cowl's really necessary?" Luz asked. "You think all our wanted posters are for petty theft?" Eda asked as a bunch of stuff fell from her hair.

I looked at her with a 'really?' face. "Party. But the big whammy is that we disobeyed the law and refused to join a coven." Eda said.

"If we're seen we could go to jail. Again." Judah said. "Maybe this informative event will inspire you two to join a coven." Willow said happily.

They looked at her before Eda drew a spell circle and it pulled Willow's hood over her head. We walked in and gasped.

Nine banners hung from the ceiling as witches flew around on brooms and staffs. "Those are the main nine covens. But there are hundreds of other covens you can join." Gus said.