Ch 37: Attack on Kings Landing

133 AC

"I'm taking my time, I'm taking my time, cause you took everything from me"

I put my forehead to Aegon's, feeling a sense of relief for once. He put his hand on my head, slowly rubbing circles with his thumb. Just being in his presence was enough to calm my mind. 

For the first time in years, I genuinely felt calm and safe. We both turned our heads as Ser Rickard walked into our chambers. 

"Your Grace!" He yelled. "Three dragons have been seen coming from Blackwater Bay. One of them appears to be Caraxes."

I looked at Aegon, nodding my head as he left my side.

"Get your men ready, Ser Rickard" I said. "The war is about to end."

I hurriedly walked out of my chambers and down the hall just as Ser Criston appeared. I looked at him, tears nearly falling down my face as I run towards him, throwing my arms around his body.

"I thought you.." I started.

"I told you I'd be by your side until the end, Your Grace" he said.

I smiled, unwrapping myself from him.

"It's time" I said.

"I know" he said.

We went our separate ways as I prepared for the long awaited battle. It would only be a few minutes before Rhaenyra would make her way to the castle. The gates had been lifted to avoid any of Rhaenyra or rather Daemon's supporters to raid the castle.

I made my way to the dragon put to see it nearly gone. Rhaenyra sat atop Syrax, looking down on me from the sky.

"You killed them!" She yelled. "This ends now!"

"You think you can kill me?" I asked.

I held my arm out in front of me, twisting my hand before a fire ball appeared.

"I am sorry for what I am about to do to you, Syrax" I said.

The fire turned to ice as I threw the shards to Syrax's neck. The dragon screeched, blood spilling out of her neck before falling down. I walked towards there rubble, grabbing Rhaenyra by her hair to look at me.

"You want to make me the monster?" I asked.

My voice came out shaky rather than menacing.

"I told you the last face you'll ever see would be mine.. that your death will inevitably fall upon my hands..." I said. "You took my girlhood from me.. you made my life into a game... you took everything from me!"

I grabbed the blade from my belt, holding it up to her neck. I pressed the blade in until I saw blood.

"It never belonged to you" she choked.

"It never belonged to you!" I yelled. "I was the heir.. I am the princess who was promised! I am the one who will unite the realm.. not some usurper."

"You want to know what your father said before he died?" She asked.

I loosed my grip on the knife, waiting for her to continue.

"He said.." she stopped talking.

I turned around, instantly throwing the blade at the person who was behind me. Daemon stumbled back as I held my hand up, summing my blade back.

"You think I am stupid?" I asked.

I tilted my head, focusing all my magic on him.

"I learned new tricks" I said.

In a split second he fell unconscious to the ground as I turned my attention back to Rhaenyra.

"Can't fight your own battles?" I asked. "A pity.. I was hoping he'd be able to watch me kill you."

I walked back towards her as she pleaded.

"Visenya.. I.. I can..." she stuttered.

"Whatever you say will not bring my sisters back" I said.

"Neither will killing me" she said.

I grabbed my sword, twirling it around, acting like I was thinking.

"It won't.. but I've been dreaming about it for years" I said.

I swung my sword on her neck, watching her head detach from her body. I didn't bother wiping the blood off my sword before tending to Syrax.

I placed my hands over the wounds on her neck, taking deep breaths, feeling them heal underneath my skin. I waited for her eyes to open before walking away.

I grabbed Rhaenyra's head, while dragging Daemon's body down the halls. Yells, screams, pleads filled my ears. I found Valaena at Ser Criston's whim.

I threw Rhaenyra's head, watching it hit her foot. She gasped, looking away as I let go of Daemon's body.

"There is the head of your so called queen, the usurper!" I yelled. "Both sides have lost.. heavily... call off your men, Valaena! Or it will be your head next!"

"Enough!" She said.

The men who fought by Rhaenyra's side dropped their swords.

"Take Daemon and Valaena to the cells before their trials begin" I said.

Ser Criston wasted no time as Valaena struggled against him. 

"Is this what you wanted?" She asked. "To see all our family gone?"

"I wanted to see my father become king... I wanted to see Vaella marry... I wanted to see Saera as a mother.... I wanted to see my son grow up" I said. "But your mother took that all away from me. She chose her fate the second she murdered my father. I'm only sorry it tore us apart."

I walked away with the relief the war was now over.