Chapter 21: The Death Of You

Kovu growled at Koa. Two other lion's stood by Koa's side. "Your bravery is going to be the death of you," Koa smirked.

Kovu slashed at Koa's face. Koa roared with rage, and pinned Kovu against the wall. Kovu pushed him off, and stuck a claw to Koa's throat.

"I will kill him," Kovu growled. Koa smirked. Kovu was confused. Many, many other lion's came into the den. Kovu looked around. He couldn't take on this many at once!

"Wait!" Kovu shouted. They stopped, "I have an idea. You spare my life, and I take Raja with me," Kovu said.

"Seriously, your about to be killed and your making jokes," Koa rolled his eye's. "That wasn't a joke. I was being sincere," Kovu replied. Koa just growled.

"Attack!" Koa shouted. Kovu was swarmed by lions, all clawing and biting at him. The pain was unbearable.

"Make sure he drops dead before you leave this cave," Koa growled. "Yeah!" Zorro stuck his tongue out at Kovu.

Kovu tried to fight, but each time he pulled one lion off, another jumped on him. The pain in his legs, neck, and back was killing him.

Kovu couldn't fight back. He dropped to the ground limp. "He's dead, let's go," Dade said. The lions left the cave.

Kovu lay on the ground, unmoving. He wasn't breathing.

Kiara paced back and forth. Kovu hadn't come back yet. "Where is he!" She growled.
"I'm sure he's fine. Maybe he's still looking," Simba said.

"Priderock isn't that big! You of all lions should know that!" Kiara growled. "Kiara he's fine," Nala replied. Kiara just paced back and forth.

"I hope he isn't dead," Kiara mumbled. "He isn't dead. Kovu is strong," Ananda replied. "But have you seen the size of those lions! They are twice Kovu's size!" Kiara shouted.