Chapter 23: Never Attack First

Kion and Rani decided today was the day to attack. "We can kill Koa, and get Raja back," Kion said. Rani nodded.

"Alright, everybody ready?" Rani asked. They nodded. "Alright, let's go," They all walked toward Priderock for the war. They all had great confidence they would win.

Koa stood at the top of Priderock, watching over the Pridelands. He saw out of the corner of his eye, Kion and the others. "Guess Audra didn't want to fight," Koa smirked.

He ran inside Priderock. "Everyone in position! Time to kill," Koa smirked. The Conquor Pride, including Zorro stood in a line, waiting for Kion, and the others to attack.

"Alright guys, remember, we need to be-" Kion stopped talking. "Guess you weren't planning on that huh?" Kovu asked. The Conquor Pride was lined up, waiting for them.

Rani looked through the lions, and spotted Raja

Rani looked through the lions, and spotted Raja. "Kion! It's Raja!" She shouted. Kion followed her gaze and gasped.

Raja had a look of hatred and murder in his eyes. "He's just a cub! He can't fight. We even had to leave Sawa with Ananda because she can't fight!" Kion shouted.

"Alright, New plan, you guys fight, I'll grab Raja," Rani said. Kion nodded. Rani went around them, hidden in the grass.

Kion and Koa approached each other. "You'll never win," Kion growled. "Let's settle that with claws!" Koa shouted, "Attack!"

The Conquor Pride, the Pridelanders, and the royal family of the Tree Of Life, except Ananda clashed together.

Instantly, blood was everywhere. Kion sunk he teeth into Koa's back. Koa threw Kion off him, and Kion landed hard into the ground. He groaned in pain as Koa approached him.

"A lesson that should always be learned, never attack first," Koa whispered in Kion's ear as he lay helpless on the ground.

Rani was about to grab Raja, when she noticed Kion. He was on the ground, in pain. Koa brought his claws to Kion's neck. Rani screamed and charged at Koa.

Rani headbutted Koa off Kion. Koa fell down a cliff. Rani gasped and looked down. Koa was hanging onto a branch, trying to hold on...