Chapter 22: Get Out Of There

Kovu layed on the ground, unmoving. Koa and his pride left Kovu in the cave. What they didnt realize, was that he wasn't dead.

Kovu opened an eye. He stood up. He had let himself go limp during the fight, making it seem like he was dead. "Alright, now to get Raja," Kovu looked around, but instead saw a teenage male lion infront of him.

"I'm Kijani, and you have to leave!" Kijani ordered. "I need Raja first," Kovu growled. "No, you need to leave. When Koa comes back and sees your alive, it isnt going to be pretty," Kijani explained.

Kijani started pushing Kovu. Kovu jumped out of the way. "Im not leaving untill I have Raja!" He growled.

"Your going go die here don't you understand!" Kijani shouted. Kovu snarled. "I would give anything to bring Raja to you, and then I get all the praise again, but Koa never leaves him alone," Kijani rolled his eyes.

The Conquor Pride started walking toward the den. "Go now!" Kijani yelled. Kovu growled, but ran.

Kijani acted suprised to see that Kovu was gone. He didn't want to help his enemy, but Raja was taking all the glory, and Kijani was tired of it.

Kovu ran back go the hideout.

Kiara spotted Kovu. "KOVU!" She screamed she ran up and nuzzled him. "What happened to you!" Kiara asked in shock at all the claw marks on Kovu.

"The pride attacked me. I pretended to be dead," Kovu replied. Rani and Kion ran up to him. "Did you find Raja!" Rani shouted. "Yes, but he calls himself Zorro, and he's acting just like Koa," Kovu replied.

Rani and Kion gasped. "No not my baby!" Rani cried. Kion growled and flexed his claws in the dirt.

"Kovu, you need rest," Nala said. Kovu nodded, and slumped down right where he was.

Kion comforted Rani, "Don't worry, we will get Raja back," Kion growled.

"What did that lion say to you!" Koa ordered. "He said he wanted to take me to my parents, but you told me my parents left?" Raja asked.

"They did Zorro. Don't listen to him, he's tricking your mind," Koa said. Zorro nodded.

"So when do we go to war with them? Like, we all gather and fight?" Zorro asked. Koa smirked, "I'm raising you right," He tussled Zorro's mane. "We will attack when they attack, because like you learned in fighting.." Koa waited for Zorro to finish his sentence.

"If you attack first, you lose," Zorro smiled. "You've learned so much, I'm proud," Koa smiled.

Kijani growled from the bushes. He had been around longer, and yet this Raja was getting all the attention. "I'll show you who's better," Kijani ran off.