Side Story: Personal Time With Everest

A/N: Hello fellow readers! Here's a side story of getting to know Everest a bit more. This side story takes place BEFORE Chalice appeared. Basically, during Season 1.

Enjoy!

Disclaimer: Cussing and possible cringe.
_______________________________________________

Third POV

On another brisk morning like any other, Y/N groaned as she got up out of her makeshift bed. She would love to get a new mattress one day but getting one would be way too expensive.

Sometimes, she had often wished she wouldn't be too generous to give up the money so easily. But sadly, she needed to keep her reputation at a high level so she would have to do with rags or sheets she would often find in the streets at night.

Everest: "Groggy again or you just woke up on the wrong side of the bed again?"

Y/N: "Haha, very funny." She replied in a tired tone.

Everest: "I'm assuming you're going to patrol again?"

Y/N: "Yes. What about it?" She asked, not feeling phased by Everest's words.

Everest: "Look, don't you know how long it's been since we've first met? And plus, you didn't even bother to get to know me at all."

Y/N gritted her teeth, feeling ashamed. Ever since the Carn-Evil event and that Baby Bottle incident, not once did she ever find the right time to personally ask Everest about where they came from or how they even got here or how they have been made.

Y/N: "Um...maybe it's because I assume swords don't have emotions?"

Everest: "Oh, you just 'assume' everything all the time. Look, how about we take a break for a day and get to spend some time knowing each other, does that sound alright?"

Y/N looked at Everest with awkward eyes that begged them not to ask like that again.

Y/N: "Uh...maybe after we check on a few things?" She tried to dodge the question with another question herself.

Everest: "No. You're going to take the day off today and that's that. We'll see how many assumptions you have that I'm heartless." Y/N groaned in annoyance and slumped in a chair.

Y/N: "Why did I even bother grabbing you in the first place?"

Everest: "If you didn't wield me, your ass would've been with the Devil already."

As much of a smart ass Everest is, they still made a pretty great point. Y/N sighs in defeat, already exhausted enough by Everest's pestering.

Y/N: "Fine. I wanted a day off anyway. Only one though, not two."

Everest: "Suit yourself. So, shall we go somewhere quiet or stay at home?"

Y/N: "Actually, I was thinking about going to a cafe first then taking a nice walk through the valley."

Everest: "Ah yes, getting coffee first, right?"

Y/N: "You bet." She said with a smile on her face.

After she grabbed enough money from underneath her pillow and grabbed her sword, she made her way to the city and headed to a nice cafe for some peace and quiet.