13. Waverly Hills Sanitorium

Walking down the hallway, we had to find a staircase to floor five. I didn't know where it was and Steve felt bad for me. I had chewed my lip until it started bleeding. I was so stupid. In front of a group I was fine, I had others, but by myself, oh god.

"Lily, you alright? You have been quiet for a long time." Steve asked pausing in the doorway to the staircase. We had made it. I nodded giving them a small smile.

"Good luck up there," Colby said.

"Lily, you don't have to do that if you don't want to," Steve added. I shook my head smiling again. I slowly moved onto the staircase.

"No, I'm okay." I looked up the stairs. "It'll be okay."

"If anything happens you can come back downstairs or start yelling we will probably hear you," Stas added giving me another hug.

"So start on the roof where the kids played and then work your way into where we will be joining you. The door will be locked so just pulled the board up and move it to the side and the door should just pull open," Steve told me. I nodded slowly taking in the information.

"Alright see ya," Colby added as they walked through the door. I turned on my phone camera and flashlight shining it up the stairs. I could hear Colby and them get farther and farther.

"So this is horrible for many reasons. One you can't see my face which actually might be good because I may cry. The other ones are just because this is a horrible idea. Okay, but honestly the boys did it. Why would it be any different for me? Right?" I turned the phone shining it at me. "Another downside. If I show my face I can't see anything. Well," I got to a flat part on the stairs. "That might be for the best actually. I don't want to see what's in front of me, but you can watch behind me. I am just going to act like you are real people so I feel better." I let out a deep breath. "Okay Steve, said I was going to have to lift a board," I muttered walking up the stairs. I shined my light up at the door wanting to actually see what it was. "No fucking way." I breathed. the doorway open. "Steve said this was locked. Oh fuck," I walked forward moving the door a bit. "Where is the piece of wood? I heard a clatter behind me and turned around, but nothing was there. 

"Yep, yep this is where my body shuts down," I breathed slowly walking up the stairs and into the room. "There are so many toys up here. that's a swing set." I said walking over to the chains. "Aw, I bet they tried to make it nice for the kids, I can't imagine as a child knowing you have something that can kill you." I sighed. I walked around the outskirts of the room trying not to go out onto the roof yet, but there wasn't much in there. "Room time I guess," I said going outside. I walked towards the edge peering over. "A playground on the roof? Hey, I can see my car from up here, you probably can't though. Hi Cali," I waved to my car. I looked around once more and then shined my flashlight down the wall once more. "That is disturbing, I would definitely have fallen off and died honestly. Timmy where ever you are." I called out. "I am up here if you want to come to play?" I paused looking around. "Why did I just say that?" I whispered. "I'm gonna step away from the edge now before I do get pushed off the edge." I heard footsteps from behind me so I spun around. 

"Those were footsteps, those were definitely footsteps. Timmy?" I called. "Please be Timmy, please be Timmy?" Inside there was a sound like something hitting the wall. "What was that?" I asked moving towards the room once more. I looked around and saw the toy car was now on the other side of the room. "I have that on camera that wasn't there." Footsteps on the roof were heard. Someone running on the gravel like on the playground. "The kid is messing with me." I went back outside, but no one was there. "Wow it's like fucking tag," I breathed turning the phone back to me. "So this is going to be my documentary of how I am losing my mind-" A giant land came from the room. "What the fuck?!" I was shaking horribly bad that was loud. "No, no, the door," I said going to the door.