8. 24hrs stranded on Island

We were waiting for the helicopter to land. The boys were talking to the camera explaining what is about to happen. To be honest they did not look ready. Sam looked like he was on a party boat. Nate is wearing jeans. Justin and Colby look like they are going swimming. The only thing the boys brought was alcohol. Not surprisingly. I heard the thud of the helicopter as it came into view over the trees slowly landing on the platform. We all got in and situated.

"This is sick," Colby smiled. I rolled my eyes and leaned out toward the window a little more.

"What do you think Nate?" Sam asked, "First helicopter ride."

"It's gorgeous man," He added looking out the window as well. I saw the spot we were going to and we landed. Apparently, we were supposed to be meeting with a couple that has lived on this island for a long time. Just the two of them. I found it cute, but then scary because why are you on an island by yourself?  Our guide brought us through the woods meeting the man. We introduced ourselves and he brought us over to his house. He had animals everywhere, fruit from the trees, and a garden. I saw an old woman waving her hand at me to come over. I turned around and noticed the boys were not near me. I smiled and approached the woman. Her face was aged, but I could still see her beauty.

"You here with boys?" She asked gesturing to the boys. I laughed and nodded.

"Unfortunately," I added. She reached her hands out grabbing mine gently as she gave me a few pats on the hand.

"The things women do," She smiled and then stepped back. I thought she was going to leave, but she didn't instead she grabbed something that was hanging on the back of her rocking chair. "This will protect you," She said hobbling back over to me. I felt bad for making her walk like this, but I didn't ask for the gift. I waved my hand.

"Oh, I can't take that from you. It's too precious," I shook my head. It was a necklace. It had a flat pendant made out of pearl. The woman shook her head and grabbed my hands placing the gift in my palms.

"Be careful," She told me. That was sweet and terrifying. We are in another country and she is telling me to be careful. I was already on edge being a woman, but jeez.

"Thank you so much," I told her before moving to see the boys were ready to leave. "I'm sorry I-" I turned around to ask the woman for her name so I could say goodbye properly, but she wasn't there. I gripped the necklace in my hands walking back over to the boys.

"What did she give you?" Nate asked smiling at me. I opened my palm showing him the necklace.

"Wait you got something?" Colby asked coming over. I quickly put it on as the guide came towards us.

"She felt bad for me since I have to be with all of you boys," I laughed as the guide motioned for us to get on the helicopter once more. 

We had to be dropped off at another location. Farther from them. I saw Sam had fruit in his hands when we unloaded from the helicopter. What the fuck is that?

"Alright, what's first?" Colby asked once the sound of the helicopter was high enough that the camera could pick up our voices.

"Find a spot to make a shelter," Nate explained. I already knew Nate was going to be the only one doing any work while we were out here. We walked to the beach.

"Well, this sucks," Justin said stepping in the wet sand. The tide was high and rising.

"Why is it so high?" Sam asked.

"Because it is going to be a full moon tonight," Colby laughed as he took off his shoes. We found a place that was far enough back into the jungle to keep ourselves from the tide. We hoped. My hand went up to rest on the necklace. My thumb goes over the smooth surface. This was a very nice gift.