23. Finally

Something hit the bed. I slowly opened my eyes to see Gar sitting right next to my head.

"Hey buddy," I said sitting up. Gar moved to the edge of the bed. I yawned watching him jump off the bed, his little paws tapping the ground as he ran for the door. I looked over seeing that Nate wasn't there.

"Nate?" I called slowly getting up. I slowly walked into the hallway seeing Gar disappear around the corner. I walked into the living room seeing Nate pour me some orange juice. "Please," I put my hands together and put them above my head. "Say that is a mimosa?" I begged. I heard him laugh.

"Yes, it is," Nate told me, I dropped my hands. "I love you so fucking much Nate Hardy!" I kissed him on the cheek moving to sit down. I stood at the side of the table seeing the pancakes and. And a ring. "Nate?" I asked and saw him smiling at me. We never had the conversation about if he would ever ask me or not, mostly because I got into a car accident.

"Lily," He said moving forward and grabbing the ring off the table. I stood there with my mouth open slightly as I smiled at him. "I know it has only been like a year and a few months, but I don't want to wait. I am patient about most things in my life, but you are a very bad influence on me. If I have learned anything from the past weeks is that even though we are still young our lives are way too chaotic for me to wait." I giggled moving towards him.

"Please, please, please ask me?" I whispered stepping closer to him. He got down on one knee and covered my mouth with one hand. 

"Lily Ann Bowers?" He started. "Will you marry me?" He asked. I dropped to my knees seeing Gar come over and sit between us. "You weren't supposed to kneel too." He laughed.

"Lily Ann Hardy," I said out loud and then bit my lip. "Nate," I shook my head. "God I love you. It feels unhealthy at times, but yes I will marry you." I nodded and he reached forward taking my hand and gently sliding the simple silver opal-stoned ring on my ring finger. "You know me so well," I said looking at it.

"Mrs. Hardy," He muttered leaning forward to kiss me. We broke apart and I ran to the room.

"Lil, where are you going?" He asked. "I love you too much for you to run away!" I laughed getting out of the small box I kept in the drawer. I got this in Oregon. It was just a silver band. This was unfortunately one of the only things that were able to be recovered from the suitcase. 

"I would never run away from you," I said coming back into the room with the band.

"The girls did fucking tell you," He threw his head back laughing. I went forward putting the ring on his finger.

"I want you to wear one too." I slid it onto his hand.

"How did you know my ring size?" He asked. I gave him an obvious look.

"Nate you wear a lot of rings." He nodded making me laugh. "Don't make me sound creepy." I looked down at my ring once more smiling at it. I realized I never stop smiling around Nate. 

"Kat is throwing a party tonight," Nate informed me. My jaw dropped.

"You told her," I gasped and he nodded. 

"Of course," He leaned forward kissing me once more. "Now let's eat the pancakes before they get cold and then gross."

----------------

When we arrived at their house it was loud already. Nate and I walked into the house hand in hand.

"There they are!" Sam yelled as we entered. Everyone started yelling. Immediately I pulled away from Nate and towards the girls.

"I am so jealous right now." Kat sighed. It was clear she was tipsy.

"I hope you are. I got a good one, the best in fact," I bragged and the other random girls awwed. I was engaged!